Taco Rocket original prediction........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Full of LUV

Quote....You guys are both correct in stating that Mesa is a wet leasing company.

Will the gravy train soon be over? Not in the near future, in my opinion.

I think the future will look something like this: The legacies will continue to outsource their flying to lowest bidder companies, like Mesa. The majors' drawdown in domestic capacity will be replaced by international expansion, where applicable. Mesa will continue to grow at a record pace with planes like the 900, and others. So, it will be a moot point whether companies like LCC fly the 190: they won't be doing as much domestic flying as legacies anyway. And if LCC has the aircraft, their pilots will of course make a couple of bucks more than the Mesa pilots, but with less job security and at the bottom of an ever-shrinking seniority list.

At some point the market will get saturated with 900s, just like it did with the 50 seaters (maybe another 7-10 years?) JO and JO-types will then take their 900s, or bigger equipment, independent to continue their company's growth. Another cannibalistic cycle completes itself, but now JO has 100+ 90 seaters, a hot "right sized plane" for point to point flying, and starts flying under his own colors. By then these JO-types and JBLU will be all over the place with this size aircraft and put serious downward cost presssure on SWA and whoever else is left.

OK flame away.........

How's that MESA career panning out, good thing you didn't jump to a major back in '05.

the CRJ 1000 was in PHX this week. Rumor (unsubstantiated) is that Mesa is looking at it for the Hawaii operation. Double the seating for slightly higher operating costs may be a smart move.

Go is being shut down and Mesa is filing BK in the next month. Sorry, but what do you think JO is going to pay for it with... egg rolls?

Mesa Sucks!

the CRJ 1000 was in PHX this week. Rumor (unsubstantiated) is that Mesa is looking at it for the Hawaii operation. Double the seating for slightly higher operating costs may be a smart move.

While that might be the case, the airplane had its first flight a couple weeks ago, probably just doing some temperature related tests if it was actually there. I am also betting the thing doesn't have much of an interior being a test aircraft, so there might really not be much to look at. Good luck to the mesa guys going forward though, its going to be a loooooong winter.

i wish they would have taken the RJ-200 down there, and found out that the packs can't cool the airplane in heat above 80 degrees.

Quote....You guys are both correct in stating that Mesa is a wet leasing company.

Will the gravy train soon be over? Not in the near future, in my opinion.

I think the future will look something like this: The legacies will continue to outsource their flying to lowest bidder companies, like Mesa. The majors' drawdown in domestic capacity will be replaced by international expansion, where applicable. Mesa will continue to grow at a record pace with planes like the 900, and others. So, it will be a moot point whether companies like LCC fly the 190: they won't be doing as much domestic flying as legacies anyway. And if LCC has the aircraft, their pilots will of course make a couple of bucks more than the Mesa pilots, but with less job security and at the bottom of an ever-shrinking seniority list.

At some point the market will get saturated with 900s, just like it did with the 50 seaters (maybe another 7-10 years?) JO and JO-types will then take their 900s, or bigger equipment, independent to continue their company's growth. Another cannibalistic cycle completes itself, but now JO has 100+ 90 seaters, a hot "right sized plane" for point to point flying, and starts flying under his own colors. By then these JO-types and JBLU will be all over the place with this size aircraft and put serious downward cost presssure on SWA and whoever else is left.

OK flame away.........

How's that MESA career panning out, good thing you didn't jump to a major back in '05.

Mesa has $136 million due in bonds starting in Jan. I'm not sure if that's Jan or Feb. If the Delta GravyTrain runs out (which looks like it will) there will be no income unless there's new investors. Would you pony up $100 and something million for that dirtbag CEO? Perhaps, but don't forget about the Aloha lawsuit as well.

Trojan

Latest resources

Back