Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flydog

AEPS has once again outdone itself

You havent seen anything until you check out the photo of the two dorks in a King Air 90 both of which are in full airline pilot costume including hat and stripes. And dont forget its a single pilot airplane. I am surprised they didnt build a panel for the plumber and start a PFT FE training course

Halloween comes early at TAB Express and AEPS

I wonder how much money TAB Express spent on this ad

cost

They did not have to pay anything, I like them. In addition, everyone of their instructors is a current or furloughed major airline pilot.

They are a school, Dog. Just a school

Stay away from TAB, far away. I live in Deland, come on out and take a look at their equipment. You should see these geeks walking around the airport in their paid for airline uniforms. Their place has all these "pilot shortage" posters in their waiting area.

Shortage? Maybee, for Gulfstream or something. Not for any reputable cariers.

Place is a joke.

Last edited:
ads

I have no experience with TAB express or any of the others except American Flyers. I am sure they strive to provide quality flight training to prospective pilots. We have been through this before in other threads but I was amazed again as I read through Flying Magazine how many of these schools advertise with the hope of landing an airline job interview. The only one with any credibility these days would be Comair I would think. TAB was one of the ones that specifically guaranteed an interview with logos of American Eagle, Continental Express and others pasted all over their ad. Hopefully any aspiring pilots will research the industry and realize that most of these airlines have pilots on furlough and most of the others are requiring higher times. Maybe they have agreements with Colgan and Great Lakes as well. I don't know.

Caveat Emptor

TAB Express

My favorite was its ad in the March Flying where the banner said, "Men & Women WANTED to Supply US Airline Pilot Shortage, etc." This ad came out on the heels of massive furloughs. Okay, in all fairness, perhaps the magazine was past deadline and the ad couldn't be pulled.

Then, the May Flying provided a double dose of TAB Express; an ad on Page 12 that proclaimed (fanfare, please) "The Airlines Have Resumed Hiring!" and, an article about the place on page 55! Money buys you just about anything these days. It buys you ad space, and, editorial space!! Shades of checkbook journalism. Not to mention how it kills Flying's credibility.

Don't forget the www.tabexpress.com website, where, if you go to the Newsletters link, you'll see the following piece: "TAB Express to Launch FAA 135 Operations in Addition to Our First Officer Training Operations. TAB Express is going through the motions to launch "On Demand" two-crew 135 charter service. Combining the cost-effectiveness, reliability, passenger space and speed of the King Air will give TAB pilots needing to build up to 500+ hours that some of the regional airlines may require. TAB First Officers will serve as FO's on these flights." Hit the "Enter Here" button on the homepage and it leads you to a route structure and flight schedule. This sounds like it's much more than just a school. It sounds like you-know-what.

Of course, my real favorite is it accepts trainees from 21 to 50. At 51, I'm too old, again. :( :rolleyes: So much for me using TAB to find my way back to the business (Don't worry, I would have never considered it!!).

I'd vouch for Mesa's school as having credibility for people looking for a school that leads directly to a regional job. I worked there. People really do get interviews with Mesa and are hired. It's not P-F-T because it provides strictly initial training, albeit with a strong Mesa bent. No one is hired upon remitting payment. The only promise that MAPD makes is you might get an interview if you maintain a B average in your flight training, make nice and act nice.

The thing with uniforms doesn't bother me particularly. Lots of schools and training outfits require that trainees and instructors wear uniforms. We did at FSI. I believe that Comair requires its instructors and officials to wear uniforms. We didn't have to wear uniforms at Mesa and Riddle, but had to adhere to a somewhat strict dress code. Pub, I do appreciate that you like the place. I also appreciate that the place says it uses airline pilots as instructors.

Last edited:
shortage or no shortage rhetoric,,,, a career does not relate to what happens in the next twleve months, but the next 20 years.

I was at a job fair for the last few days and pilots, mechanics, and flight attendants were hired at that show.

For those who say no one gets hired through AEPS or there is no hiring going on,,,,, there was today. There will be tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back