T-Bird Aviation at DPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mrvmo

Anyone have any info about T-Bird Aviation at DPA in Chicago? Some info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gouge on T-Bird

All,

I'm a pilot for T-Bird Aviation at DPA, and here's the gouge for your review:

1. The company is hiring in small numbers. Currently flying 8 aircraft with about 20 pilots. Expansion plans have mentioned several new aircraft in 2003.

2. We have 5 furloughed airline pilots on staff: 3 United, 1 Delta, 1 Continental Express - you do not have to resign your seniority, but will have to sign a 2-yr training contract.

3. You must live within 90 minutes drive from Dupage Airport in Chicago and relocation expenses are not provided.

4. Pay is industry standard or better, which means it's a lot more than regional or fractional pay, but less than major airline pay.

5. Best parts about T-Bird are: great aircraft - far better than most charter operators, fast upgrade if you meet Wyvern flight times, and good pay.

6. Worst about T-Bird: the schedule. 4 guaranteed days off, but it usually ends up being about 10. On duty from 6am to 6pm on days on. After 6pm, no call from dispatch, you're automatically released.

We have furloughed airline guys, mostly United, walking in with resumes every day, so here's what will make you more competitive:

1. Previous or current charter/Part 135 experience.
2. Type ratings in any of our current fleet: Citation 550, Citation 650, Challenger 600, Falcon 20, Gulfstream IV.
3. A few pilots have come in the door with the state grant money for training - they were put at the top of the call list and 1 got hired and sent to training immediately.
4. A customer-service focused mentality. Guys with no customer service experience will probably not be looked at.
5. Flight time - not as critical as the above, but if you have Wyvern minimums, that is a big plus.

I hope this helps, T-Bird is a great company with aggressive growth plans and a stable environment. If you can deal with the schedule and want to fly great aircraft and make decent $$$, then send your information in, or better yet, get it walked in by any of our current pilots!

Steve
T-Bird Citation II F.O.

Where is T-Bird located at DPA, and a phone number?
Are you flying any cargo or people?

Thanks,
Kevin

SLFLYHI,
Sounds like your former COEX? If you could, Private Message me, I would like to talk to you about T-Bird. I would appreciate it greatly.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back