• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

T-6 questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am down here in ATL getting spun up on the Herc at Dobbins. I have about 100 hours in the T-6II, but my buddy instructed in it for the last 6 years. If you are looking for some experience in acro I am sure we could work something out. I will also try to find some Navy guys who have straight t-6 time. PM me if you are interested.

I am down here in ATL getting spun up on the Herc at Dobbins. I have about 100 hours in the T-6II, but my buddy instructed in it for the last 6 years. If you are looking for some experience in acro I am sure we could work something out. I will also try to find some Navy guys who have straight t-6 time. PM me if you are interested.

Don't insult the real T-6 by talking about it in the same sentence as the Pilatus PC-9!

Not even remotely the same.

I will take the yellow Martin Baker tie any day over the 17 step bailout sequence. Soon to be the special ops AT-6II.

I will take the yellow Martin Baker tie any day over the 17 step bailout sequence. Soon to be the special ops AT-6II.

Great, I'll remember that the next time I ever get fragged to go bail out of an airplane.

We're not talking about the merits of which aircraft is better to jump out of...nor about which aircraft is going to be a special operations aircraft.

The rest of the people were talking about aerobatics in a 60-year-old radial engined taildragger. You brought up a 10-year old turboprop. The only thing they share is a name -- everything else is completely different. Your experience in that airplane in SUPT is about as relevant as 777 experience to the original poster.

Cheers.

That being said...that T-6A is a dang fun airplane in its own right!!

I was a Tweet-trained guy but in my last job I had the oppotunity to fly with the T-6A squadron several times. It's got plenty of power and has a nice little turn radius.

Last edited:
There is a pretty good article in the new AOPA mag. about Rick Durden flying a SNJ with it's owner, Stan Musick. Check it out.

Just got this month's issue last night. I appreciate the steer on the article. I've seen Stan's show in the T-6. It's good. That article wasn't everything I hoped it would be, but it was good for a laugh or two.

Latest resources

Back