T-6 instruction in DFW??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bob Sacamano

I am looking for some T-6 instruction in the DFW metroplex. Any ideas??

BS

If you have or are planning on buying a T-6 I suggest membership in NATA, visit northamericantrainer.org for details. You may find someone through there in your area. Otherwise, there's a guy who does airshows and may be able to give you some dual named Stan Musick. He is in Mississippi, I think, so that may be driveable for a few days of training.

Are you looking for an insurance checkout, specific acro training, or just to get you comfy in the airplane? (I realize this is in the aerobatic forum)

A little acro, but mostly a little time and a few additional landings to get comfy.

**Poor scan on my part, I just found the "Warbirds" section at the bottom. Luckily, most warbird guys are also acro guys to some extent and vice versa.

Last edited:
I've been flying a T-6 now for about a year and a half (around 100 hours in it now) and I have to say, I haven't really found a way to find other T-6'ers. NATA is a good resource, I'd start there. Research Stan Musick a bit, maybe he's got some sort of availability.

There was an article written about the T-6 a little while ago in AOPA Pilot that involved him showing the writer around it a little(in the air). It wasn't a very good article, but it leads me to believe that Mr. Musick may be available for some dual if you go to him. Just a guess, though.

You going to Sun n Fun? And for the sake of the Warbirds forum, this should really move over there.

I agree with the move to the warbird forum. AND I certainly agree that the T-6 community has little presence on-line. It would be nice to put together a site like the L-39 community has. I would never post a link, but if you are an L-39 Enthusiast, I am sure you can find it. ;)
**Not meant to diminish in any way the hard work and exellent site here at FI.

I currently get to fly with some guys in Tenn from time to time, but would like to continue at home.

Not sure about Sun n Fun yet.

Last edited:
I don't have his number anymore, but Charlie Jarrick is your best bet. He's an "old-school" IP, but by the end of your session, you'll be three-pointing the Texan into a 1000' grass strip, and placard or not, fully proficient in all spin modes.

I don't have his number anymore, but Charlie Jarrick is your best bet. He's an "old-school" IP, but by the end of your session, you'll be three-pointing the Texan into a 1000' grass strip, and placard or not, fully proficient in all spin modes.

Thanks. I'll try to look him up, but if anyone has his number, I'd appreciate the help.

If anyone has a video of a T-6 getting in to or out of a 1000' strip, please send it to me. I've got a personal limitation of 3000'. It could safely do 2000', but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

(note: this isn't meant as nasty as it sounds)

If anyone has a video of a T-6 getting in to or out of a 1000' strip, please send it to me. I've got a personal limitation of 3000'. It could safely do 2000', but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

(note: this isn't meant as nasty as it sounds)

It's the grass runway at Aero Country (TX51) Norht of Dallas. If you screw it up, you roll on to pavement.

I'm posting based on other folks experience with him. I've never flown with Charlie and all my T-6 time in on pavement.

My dash-one says without a fifty foot obstacle on a standard day, you don't get to 1000' distances until you hit 4000 feet above seal level at 6K. (45 flaps)

Latest resources

Back