t-6 @ Del Rio

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kc135ang

Out of curiosity does anyone know when laughlin plans on getting the T-6? I'm starting UPT in January and heard a rumor that the Tweet may be replaced at that time.

It's here now. The first group of IP's go to PIT this week and the first class of students is 04-04. That class will be half and half. Knights flight will be T-6 and Hyenas flight will be T-37.

We had the first safety briefing last week and things will be changing soon to incorporate the T-6 operations into the existing structure.

X

Hi!

I heard last week that they go on line for student flying in Jan. I've also heard they're a HUGE improvement over the T-37.

Cliff
GRB

Does anyone know how you could find out if you are getting a Tweet or a T-6 in future classes at Laughlin? How do they decide who gets what? I think I would rather have the Tweet....better gouge, but wouldn't complain about a T-6 either.

T-6s at Laughlin

Clemson,

This from a T-37 IP at Sheppard that I know:

All even numbered classes at Lauglin (eg, 04-04, 04-06, and 04-08) will be flying T-6s. All odd numbered classes will fly T-37s. I think the even numbered classes are the first class of the month (IE, my class at Laughlin starts early April, and I think my class number is 04-08).

Can anyone verify this?

Flaco

First classes will be split with 1/2 of class in T-37s and other half in T-6s. I imagine they will ask for volunteers and when 99% volunteer for T-6s they will randomly assign folks to the flights. Early on entire classes will only fly T-37s because I can't buy T-6s quick enough to swap out and the Navy is starting to take some deliveries off the assembly line.

Most everything is better with the T-6. Aircraft is far better lead in for other glass cockpit aircraft and far more human friendly (pressurized, g-suit, gps, air conditioned, etc.). Courseware and simulators are excellent.

The only disadvantage is the syllabus. It requires about 40 more simulators in the same number of training days. If you get sick during training for even a few days or you go on CAP, you will wash back to the next class.

Here is my best guess at class breakups:

Class Amount in T-6
04-04 1/2
04-06 1/2
04-08 1/2
04-10 all
04-12 1/2
04-14 all

All other classes in T-37.

Subject to change!!!!!!!!!!!

CAL to T-1A said:

The only disadvantage is the syllabus. It requires about 40 more simulators in the same number of training days.

FORTY more sims! Just WHAT are you doing in there?

40 more sims!?! Is that a permanent part of the syllabus? Did they reduce the number of aircraft sorties as a result? What's the deal with so many more sims?

Much higher fidelity sims so things that weren't introduced previously in the sim are now (overhead patterns, circling, formation, night, area work, etc.).

I believe with the wash back rates we are getting at Moody the syllabus will have to change. I'd vote for reducing the flying hours and using the simulators, but I don't think that will happen.
Instead we will continue to fly the syllabus hours and cut back on the simulator.

Latest resources

Back