Switching 135 operators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Masterplan

I heard that there is a new requirement that if I switch 135 operators I have to go through initial type class again even if I'm already typed and current. I know I used to have to go through recurrent for the new company procedure but does anybody have any comments or references for this if so?

You have to go through Indoc for the new company and recurrent for the aircraft you are flying under the companies training provider (ie, Flight Safety, SimuFlite, etc) but not a whole new Initial Type training - unless you have been out of that particular a/c for a long time (over a year) then you have to do the Initial type again through the companies training center.

I heard that there is a new requirement that if I switch 135 operators I have to go through initial type class again even if I'm already typed and current. I know I used to have to go through recurrent for the new company procedure but does anybody have any comments or references for this if so?

This is the way many FSDOs interpret the rule, just as if you were at AA flying a 737, you couldn't just do a recurrent at SWA as a new hire. We have what's called an alternate initial, which is a recurrent in sheep's clothing. You have to be current within 24 months and pass a company written test to qualify.

Latest resources

Back