Swine & International Travel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enuffalready

right as summer traffic picks up, I wonder what this will do to the slightly more lucrative international travel

any thoughts?

right as summer traffic picks up, I wonder what this will do to the slightly more lucrative international travel

any thoughts?

I would think the next week or two will be the key. If the infected increase dramatically, I would think it will spell great trouble for international travel and the airlines. If two weeks goes by and there isn't a dramatic rise in cases then it'll probably all be OK.

But who the hell knows. I'm just guessing.

you know what's funny...

35,000 people die each year in the US from influenza
NO ONE has died yet in the US from this crap...

Give me a flip'n break this is being blown WAY out of proportion.

you know what's funny...

35,000 people die each year in the US from influenza
NO ONE has died yet in the US from this crap...

Give me a flip'n break this is being blown WAY out of proportion.

That is true...but if influenza kills people they are usually old or have some sort of other complications.

From what I have read so far at least it seems like this swine crap is killing young and healthy people.

I do agree it is blown out of proportion, but the fact that it is killing seemingly healthy people is the scary part.

But what do I know, I'm a pilot not a doctor.

and I'm no doc either... don't get me wrong. Although the only ones killed have been in Mexico and I would imagine that has something to do with the problem....

It's a similar demographic as standard flu that have been infected in the US. No cases have been severe, either.

Stupid media.

Speaking of, anyone see the thing about everyone freaking out about AF1 and an F-16 airport doing a photoshoot ?

The most recognizable aircraft in the world flying over NYC and everyone freaks out.

It's a similar demographic as standard flu that have been infected in the US. No cases have been severe, either.

Stupid media.

Speaking of, anyone see the thing about everyone freaking out about AF1 and an F-16 airport doing a photoshoot ?

The most recognizable aircraft in the world flying over NYC and everyone freaks out.

Its really interesting how many people I have met who dont know what air force one looks like.

I do live in iowa though.......................:rolleyes:

No kidding, And I got the "squirts" the last time I ate at Taco Bell. Still waiting for a cry to ban that crap....

Latest resources

Back