Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xanderman

Hello all,
Anyone have any good info on when Swift will hire into the Legacy? I understand that it may be some time before they get them and that they are not even sure exactly how they are going to deploy them. Is this true?
I have around 2000hrs in the 135/145 and I'm typed. No real PIC time to speak of though. What do you think my chances are with Swift? I sure would appreciate some tips or info on how to better my chances when the time comes...
Thanks
Andy :rolleyes:

It may be some time before the hire "into" the Legacy. Currently Swift has 5-6 guys typed in the airplane, and as the planes are delivered people currently flying with the company will probably be given the opportunity to upgrade to the Legacy. In addition, it's still up in the air when they will get their first Legacy. I've seen two on property so far and I know one was sold off and I believe the second is in the process of being sold. I heard the owner of Swift will get his the end of the summer and I'm sure it will be crewed by guys currently trained in it. After that, who knows? Ideally the owner would like to sell the positions before he takes delivery but in the current climate, they are looking at ways to operate it. I have heard rumors in what they would like to do with it, but again, just rumors.

As for getting on, best bet is to keep bugging them. It does help to know someone who works there. There has been no hiring the last six months or so, but if the Legacys start showing up, they're going to have to scramble, and at first, they will probably hire into the Citation V's and maybe the Citation X's.

Latest resources

Back