Swift Air Charter out of PHX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

Anyone know much about this charter operator out of PHX? Looks like they have some Citation Xs, some Legacies and some bigger Boeings (737s and 767-200). Sounds like Swift does a lot of sports charters with the bigger airplanes.

What's the deal with this place - good place to be? Do pilots fly one type or multiple types? What are schedules and starting PIC/SIC pay like on the Legacies? Lastly, are the Boeing pilots hired from within or do you need type experience to get hired onto the Boeings?

PMs also welcome.

Take my info with a grain of salt, but from what I've been told. They've only got one X. Swift had 5 when I was there 7 yrs ago. From what I've heard, it doesn't do much flying and a at least some of the flying is done by a Charter customer. (AZ Cardnials President Micheal Bidwell actually flys the thing). They are down to one or two managed Legacies and are fairly busy with them. The guys flying those have been there a very long time. The 767's are new (to Swift) and I heard they just got them on a 121. I believe they came with pilots. The 737's stay busy on sports charters and at least half the guys were hired within and have been there a long time. The small jet side of the operation has shrunk significantly over the last 5 years or so, while the Boeing side has stayed consistant or even grown a little. I'm not sure what the current pay and schedule situation is. In my opinion, it was a good group of people to work with/for. I will say though, If it's anyting like it was in the past, Swift can be a tough nut to crack if you don't know anyone on the inside.

Embraer delivers a 200th Phenom 100 to Swift Aviation Group

Embraer delivered its 200th Phenom 100 jet in a ceremony held at the Company’s headquarters, in São José dos Campos, Brazil, last April. The aircraft was received by U.S.-based Swift Aviation Group, Inc., from Phoenix, Arizona, a private company that provides a wide array of aviation services such as aircraft charter, and charter sales management, among others.

This Phenom 100 was ordered by Swift in May 2006 and will reside at their headquarters in Phoenix. Back in 2000, Swift became Embraer’s launch customer for the Legacy 600 jet, with an order of 25 aircraft. Today, its fleet also has the Phenom 100, the most delivered executive jet in the world in 2010.

“We are delighted that Swift Aviation Group has received the 200th unit of our popular Phenom 100 jet,” said Ernest Edwards, President, Embraer Executive Jets. “With our longstanding working relationship through the Legacy 600, I am confident this aircraft will continue to contribute positively to Swift’s business operations.”

“Among the aircraft in its class, the Phenom 100 provides the best value for investment and is a great private aircraft,” said Jerry Moyes, owner of Swift Aviation Group. “The jet’s style, performance and comfort, in my opinion, exceed every entry level jet in the market.

After owning Legacy 600 aircraft and maintaining a good working relationship with Embraer over the last ten years, I only have high expectations for this aircraft and the customer service that comes along with it.”

Embraer is commemorating ten years in the executive jets market in 2011. The Company’s portfolio currently includes seven aircraft, from the entry level Phenom 100 to the ultra-large Lineage 1000. In 2010, nearly one out of every five business jets delivered, worldwide, was produced by Embraer.

Latest resources

Back