• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swift Air buys Direct Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sky King had 2 planes flying for them...nobody seemed overly concerned. The planes have already been moved to Miami where they apparently have plenty of flying available for them.

Could have used those planes and crews in MIA last weekend. It's Spring Break for Broward and Dade Counties -and thousands of people wanted to go visit relatives in Cuba. Planes flew until 3 a.m. to get the flights in.

Hopefully there will be more Sky King planes - and less Delta, American, Jet Blue etc - parked at Jose Marti in the future.

World Atlantic had on airplane on it until Swift was up and running in a few weeks... yeah it stings here at Xtra, 10% pay cut already announced... BS if you ask me as we were already planned to go down to one plane for direct next month. The other plane is slated to go to Saipan.

Direct Air is saying they'll now resume ops in MYR on May 15th, who knows who'll be doing that work for them, but we doubt it'll be us.

USA Jet was doing Direct Air flying out of MYR.

cliff
NRT

The other plane is slated to go to Saipan.

Flying for Freedom Air? Sky King had two planes over there for a while - pulled them back when there wasn't money coming in. Still have one painted with a "Fly Guam" logo. A bit out of place in Miami.

Don't think so, for some hotel/resort back and forth to Osaka. I believe we're doing it along with 2 planes provided by Air Atlanta Islandic flown by their crews.

Thanks for the article. I'm just passing on what we have been told here, and I'm sure it has changed a 1000 times since last week when I was updated.... (Air Atlanta Islandic is a partial owner of Xtra btw). They have a few 800s in mothballs I believe.

N816BC (formerly N776AS) is the bird that is going, maybe they'll send two to Saipan after this direct air crap. But I doubt it since 2 contracts for other parties were just signed.

Here's an article for Saipan Air: http://www.saipantribune.com/newsstory.aspx?cat=1&newsID=115933

Air Atlanta Icelandic's fleet plan does not show any 737s.

CMI used to fly from Saipan to Japan before Sep 11,2011. Nobody has stepped in to the market and the economy has suffered accordingly.

A bit of a misstatement in that both JAL and ANA both have gone into Saipan for years but have cut back on frequency mostly because of the economy in Japan. Delta still has flights from Japan but once what was a 744 is now just 757's.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back