• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sweet Home Alabama?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the suggestions. I would be happy to go there if people are like the respondants.
I will have about 2800 total time, 500 embraer 145 fo and 600 dash fo (with type ratings). I wont have the turbine command time but have plenty of instructing time. So who would be interested in me? Is it the regionals, or corporate, or anything really, I just dont think I can cope with regional year 1 salaries ($us1700/month? What is the pay after taxes?). But, I suppose, we are all in the same boat and you do what you have to do! Thanks again folks!

Culture shock, yes. The British accent will be a novelty for many people down here, but shouldn't be taken as derogatory. Prattville or Wetumpka would probably be my first choice if moving to Montgomery. My best friend grew up in Montgomery and I don't mind relaying any specific questions regarding schools or housing to him.

As previously mentioned, the Shakespeare Festival is in Montgomery... culture does exist outside of Alabama-Auburn football, deer hunting, and Nascar. There are a couple of glider clubs within about an hour's drive north of Montgomery so you can get an aviation fix away from work.

When asked "Alabama or Auburn" just reply "Alabama, 12 National Championships baby" and watch the jaws drop... you're not expected to know anything about it. Like I said, you'll be a novelty but let us be a novelty for you as well. We're generally fun-loving folks.

I grew up in Birmingham (Alabama not England) and seriously doubt we'll ever move out of the South.

Be prepared to not buy beer or liquor or wine on Sunday (even in restaurants), it depends on the county where you live. There are still a couple of dry counties around here.

You will likely get strange looks if you go into a restaurant and ask for bangers and mash.

Last edited:
psysicx said:
Any places that you could live on a lake?

You'd have to find a job doing something besides driving a plane.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back