Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA's Performance in Denver....Or lack of.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are going to find out that the same is true out of SLC. Their Load Factors have dropped to 60%.

I heard from their CEO that the worst is still ahead of them (in an interview)...I kinda thought that he was talking about the industry as a whole...maybe he was really meaning the future of SWA.

I did an in depth SWART of WN a few years ago and decided not to go there. They have been number one for so long, that an adjustment is inevitable. The really have not had to compete with any other airline. It has been like shooting fish in a barrel for them. We have all been so inefficient that they could set their prices where they wanted to, make a ton of money and siphon off as much traffic as they wanted to.

The blood letting that many of the legacies has been very painful for all parties involved, but it had done one thing. It has made us relatively competitive with WN. Even more so after we obtain SOC for DAL. Our cost per seat mile will decrease even farther in the coming year. It is going to be real hard for WN to go in to a ATL city and destroy it. Yes, they will take some passengers, but in the end they will not be able to price their product at a point that will allow them to remain profitable on the given route.
WN as well as DAL know that if they get in to a fierce battle it will not be good for either party. It is better to compete logically because if they do not, it will put both companies at a disadvantage to the rest of the industry.

CHICAGO, Aug. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --United Airlines today reported its preliminary consolidated traffic results for July 2009. The company reported a July consolidated passenger load factor of 86.9 percent. Total consolidated revenue passenger miles (RPMs) decreased in July by 4.0 percent on a consolidated capacity decrease of 7.0 percent in available seat miles (ASMs) compared with the same period in 2008.
REVENUE PASSENGER MILES ('000)* ------------------------------ July 2009 July 2008 Change --------- --------- ------ North America 5,699,129 6,247,156 -8.8% Pacific 2,015,348 2,126,786 -5.2% Atlantic 1,829,114 1,794,276 1.9% Latin America 271,771 333,549 -18.5% ------- ------- ------ Total International 4,116,233 4,254,611 -3.3% Total Mainline 9,815,361 10,501,767 -6.5%Regional Affiliates 1,336,551 1,120,627 19.3% Total Consolidated 11,151,912 11,622,394 -4.0% AVAILABLE SEAT MILES ('000)* --------------------------- North America 6,412,164 7,238,950 -11.4% Pacific 2,406,588 2,679,543 -10.2% Atlantic 2,064,259 2,044,001 1.0% Latin America 315,189 393,749 -20.0% ------- ------- ----- Total International 4,786,036 5,117,293 -6.5% Total Mainline 11,198,201 12,356,243 -9.4% Regional Affiliates 1,638,755 1,452,162 12.8% Total Consolidated 12,836,956 13,808,405 -7.0%

Yea SWA is having problems what about our little back yard? What are we gonna fight themoff with??? RJ's?? Did you see the increases in RJ flying? Did you see the BIG DECREASES in our seats on the mainline??Same goes to DAL I wouldn't gloat too much over their misfortunes. They have what we sorely lack....A plan.

Delta guys, you sure are a lot more competitive now that you make sh!t money. Grab a sack. I thought you guys were professionals. You're pay scales are a joke. You should quit being bitches and try making something close to what WN guys make.

Holy sheeet! I agree with Tanker tard for once.

Delta guys, you sure are a lot more competitive now that you make sh!t money. Grab a sack. I thought you guys were professionals. You're pay scales are a joke. You should quit being bitches and try making something close to what WN guys make.

Don't know if it's relevant, but I jumpseated on Southwest from MCO to DEN last week and back. Both ways, I had to sit on the monkey seat in the flight deck. PACKED and bunch of standby left behind.

Delta guys, you sure are a lot more competitive now that you make sh!t money.
So just how much does a coffee serving little dip******************** in the air force make these days?

Grab a sack.
Are you speaking from experience? I'm sure you're quite good at that! How else would you keep that high paying coffee serving job!

I thought you guys were professionals.
There you go, working without the proper tools again!

You're pay scales are a joke.
Good one funny man! Just how much are you making these days flying that rj?

You should quit being bitches and try making something close to what WN guys make.
So when you wear that collar and bark like a dog, who is the man in your relationship?
It's time for some new material crj567! It's still dull.
Just how many losernames do you have? Must be tough on that stellar pay!:laugh::laugh:

Latest resources

Back