• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Comments about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I truly hope you are a minority. I'll say it again, where would AT be if SWA did not aquire it? Just a thought, not meant to be condescending. Were AT pilots getting ready to strike? At least we have a job, like it or not we have to move on. I met my first AT guy in the lounge last week. Seemed like a good guy very willing to get up to speed on things.

We'll never know where AT would have been. However, looking at all the metrics, AT was further ahead than SW was at the same time in their life-cycle. I'll never credit SW for "saving us".

As far as the strike, voting to authorize your leadership to call a strike and actually going on strike and participating are two separate things. As you can see from our pilot group, there was only about a 13% chance that we'd actually have gone out on strike.

Lear70;2309118[/B said:
] In truth, this is going to continue to play out for a while if Southwest Management doesn't throw us a bone; the Association has been very clear to explain that to management, which is why they're heading to Dallas on Wednesday, but the infighting between pilot groups on here isn't productive towards that end.

So if SWA throws a bone by giving all Air Tran pilots SWAPA pay now do you really think that will satisfy everybody? You won't be satisfied even after 2015. You will be complain about seniority and Captain seats until you retire. Like someone said, you voted and now you live by the vote. It is over.

PCL,

The "insulting deal" as you put it was negotiated by both parties I believe. You left that part out conveniently. Just to set the record straight.

PCL,

The "insulting deal" as you put it was negotiated by both parties I believe. You left that part out conveniently. Just to set the record straight.

If you are going to set the record straight, make sure you include what they were told if they didn't accept the second offer.

So if SWA throws a bone by giving all Air Tran pilots SWAPA pay now do you really think that will satisfy everybody? You won't be satisfied even after 2015. You will be complain about seniority and Captain seats until you retire. Like someone said, you voted and now you live by the vote. It is over.

You seem to be the one who can't give it up, CP.

Don't suck any green bananas. :laugh:

PCL,

AirTran pilots negotiated nothing. This was a "proposal" that came with ultimatums. We had absolutely no say in any of this. We were told to vote in favor or risk eventual unemployment. Not very conducive to fostering your "culture".

Now the record is set straight.

Last edited:
Blah,blah,blah.....

I'll say it again, this was GK's deal!!! SWAPA was along for the ride just like you were. Did we sit closer to the table? Sure we did, because we were part of the original gang but don't fool yourself into thinking that we had any control in what was going on.

What I would highly encourage each of you to do (AT peeps) is to press your union to plead for Swapa rates now!! The SLI is over and we have to share cockpits from this day fwd. Best of luck and try to keep your stress low. See ya on the line.

You lose 40% seniority and your Capt seat and tell me how much more it sucks.

Crusty,

You saying that you "lost 40% seniority," basing the difference between your standing on the Airtran list compared to the overall list is disingenuous. It assumes straight relative is the unequivocal definition of "fair," in that the 17-year Airtran pilot job was exactly equivalent to a 37-year Southwest pilot job. It's not that simple, and you know it. It's like SWA junior guys bitching that they lost seniority because you weren't all stapled "in return for your payraise." Basing your argument on a negotiating extreme (either one) that everyone knew wasn't going to happen may make YOU feel like you have a stronger argument, but in reality it does nothing for the people you're arguing with, except possibly driving them to using extreme argument bases.

You feel you got screwed. Got it. Really, I do. Newsflash: there's lots of SWA folks who also feel that they got screwed. You want to shout to the world that you got screwed worse? Knock yourself out. However, you're barking up the wrong tree. The SWA pilots didn't do this to you, anymore than you did it to them. Also, the SWA pilots aren't in a position to DO anything about the "screwing" that anyone is taking, any more than you are. You should probably address your concerns to management; you know, the only people who can change your position in life. Write GK a letter. Or not. But you might consider not wasting your venom on people who didn't do this to you. Do you bitch at your family too, for your self-annointed sorry lot in life? It would probably have the same effect.

Bubba

Latest resources

Back