• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA1248 MDW crash transcript

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remember that the feds promised that CVR recordings would never be released in any way shape or form when they came out.

Something to keep in mind when the push for video recorders comes around again.

JP4user said:
Remember that the feds promised that CVR recordings would never be released in any way shape or form when they came out.

Go to the NTSB site...pull up any accident report. At the back of the report are the appendixes. One of these will be the transcript of the CVR. They are a part of every accident report. Now, how do you figure that based on that, the "feds promised that CVR recordings would never be released in any way shape or form when they came out"?

JP4user said:

Something to keep in mind when the push for video recorders comes around again.

You are coirrectr in that the actual CVR tapes cannot be released to the public. However, transcripts are OK.

Tejas

Flip Conroy said:
Go to the NTSB site...pull up any accident report. At the back of the report are the appendixes. One of these will be the transcript of the CVR. They are a part of every accident report. Now, how do you figure that based on that, the "feds promised that CVR recordings would never be released in any way shape or form when they came out"?
When you look up the history of the initial NPRM that was the initial promise. I
know the transcrpits are released now but that was NOT the original intent when they went into the cockpits.

Last edited:
Tejas-Jet said:
You are coirrectr in that the actual CVR tapes cannot be released to the public. However, transcripts are OK.

Tejas

I know that, but I was referencing the initial NPRM. That is why when this initial video issue comes up again pilots are aware of how the original intent has changed over the years with the CVR.

There was an accident tape released recently to the media but I forgot which one.

It's called Freedom of Information Act.

That's how most of us passed our writtens. The test questions had to be released under this act.

Latest resources

Back