Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beechnut

Ndugu's Foster Dad
I have an interview with Southwest sometime in June. I haven't a type and was called out of the blue. Over my time at my current job, I have known a couple people to go to SWA, but didn't know them real well and have flown with none.

I'll be going into the interview with L.O.R's from supervisors and coworkers. Do I have an shot at all or shall I just enjoy the free lunch?

I REALLY want to be there, but I'm afraid I'll be the only one telling them that.

S.

You've got a shot...give it your best. Several guys from my airline recently hired with no internal recs, and all 121 time in turboprops.

"Beechnut is an excellent pilot, but even more than that, a great person. He put up with me on a 4 day trip when TSA took away my toothpaste following the bomb scare in London, and even offered me a piece of gum once or twice. After showing such LUV for a coworker, I think he'd be a great asset to the Southwest team.

Regards,

BoilerUP"

:D
(Sorry to jack your thread, S...)

I have an interview with Southwest sometime in June. I haven't a type and was called out of the blue. Over my time at my current job, I have known a couple people to go to SWA, but didn't know them real well and have flown with none.

I'll be going into the interview with L.O.R's from supervisors and coworkers. Do I have an shot at all or shall I just enjoy the free lunch?

I REALLY want to be there, but I'm afraid I'll be the only one telling them that.

S.

You've got as much of a chance as anybody, they are not totally traditional in their hiring practices. Anyway, what is your background (Hours, ect.). Just curious as to what you think got them to give you a call

Thanks for the information.

7100 TT, 2000 121 PIC in a CRJ. 4yr Degree. No military.

Willing to hand gum to folks with bad breath.

No idea how/why they called. I applied right when I met the mins and updated with them every month.

S.

Last edited:
Good Luck, do not forget that the SWA people machine has to keep the interviews a rolling 4 days a week. They have been interviewing people with out a type since last year. Be yourself!

"TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I've had the privilege of taking a few ERAU classes with Mr. Beechnut in San Diego roughly 10 years ago. I watched him in great awe show up to class wearing a CFI uniform with epaulets and wings. Although spikey hair wasn't in fashion back then and iPods weren't quite invented yet, Mr. Nut faithfully wore his backpack to class and has exhibited great LUV of aviation and his classmates. Not only has he shown to be a great aviator, but a helluva model American. I wholeheartedly endorse his application to SWA and feel that he will be a great addition to SWA team.

Sincerely,

Freight Dog"

Latest resources

Back