Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SheGaveMeClap

Your wife's boyfriend
I was curious to see the differences in days off between Southwest and ATA.

How many days off do the senior guys at SWA get off during the month? How many days off do the junior guys get per month? What's the average for a mid-seniority pilot?

Same question for those of you at ATA. How many days off do the senior and junior guys get? How about the guys in the middle? How much do the schedules vary by equipment type? I'd imagine the amount of days on in a row vary greatly between the L-1011, 757 and 737, but how about the days off total during the month?

Thanks in advance....

I am in the bottom 10% at SWA ( for now) and I have 18 days off this month and it pays 103 trips(about 90-91 hours). I even get a weekend off every now and then. I am based at a junior base however. If I were in HOU or DAL I'd get 15-16 off of flying weekend reserve.

Days off

I am in the bottom 30% 760 out of @1050-1100 at ATA overall, but in the top third in MDW on the 757, and I get 17 days off this month doing turns with 82 1/2 credit hours. But that is just me.

Re: Days off

I've been on line for 2 or so months at ATA. Hired in May. I have a 15 day off line worth 81 hours, 1 weekend off + 1 Saturday off. MDW based 757. Reserve only lasted 1 month. Been to Maui once and could get more over seas flying if I were to sacrifice a day or two off.

Last edited:
I was also hired in May at ATA. I bid reserve. October I have 12 hour call-out, 14 days off. Last month I bid 2 hour call out with 14 days off. Worked two 4-days, thats it. 75 hours pay plus per-diem. Most lines have at least 14 days off. Senior 15 or so lines have 18-21 days off. One thing very different than SWA is the structure of Reserve lines. Some have 4-5 on, 4-5 off, some have 16 days in a row, some have 8-10 days in a row.
First year pay 37.50
Second year pay 69.00
Third year pay 84.00
Five year upgrade.
The potential to make a lot more money is out there if you wanna work the system. We are hiring 48 more this year and 200+ next year.

I've been in the SWA pool for 20 months and get 30 - 31 days off with 0 TFP. But that's just me.

Leap year?

Houman,
I bet your just dreading February when you ONLY get 28 days off. With a grueling schedule like that I bet its almost impossible to schedule vacation days!

Last edited:
Yea, I was dreading Febuary because it was looking like I would actually have to work for SWA as a pilot, instead of just playing one on Flightinfo. But, since SWA might slip the new hire class dates later, it looks like I just might be able to score an extra day off in Feb, due to the leap year. Cheers.

Later than February, HOUMAN?
No no, that's impossible. I would refuse to accept that reality.

Latest resources

Back