SWA Update?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Waborita said:
Was that before they started hiring post 911? Congrats on being hired!

No.. Maybe I wasn't competitive or I didn't update my app. enough. I updated after every flight for 3 months when I got called. I also got another type rating during that time. Who knows?

Hey Waborita,

I went to HPA in Dallas and had a great time with a great group of instructors and fellow students. I never thought I'd say training was fun...but it was. Good luck to you too...So my fellow XJT peeps say 2 1/2 to 4 weeks huh? I'm right at 4 weeks now! I guess I'll do more praying to the gods now...

Does anyone know the logic as to why someguys/gals wait 2-3yrs or more for an interview, with the type, and other 2-3 weeks?? Is it just luck, references or a little of both...

Logic? Depends on what they want...

3 years with a type, 2500 pic turbine and 700 jet pic, engineering degree and waiting. I'm not sure there is a recipe but make sure you are ready when they call because after such a long wait, you sure want to be ready for them when they call.
Military guys will have lower time than corporate guys(91/135) which will have lower time than 121 drivers. Just the way it is.

Last edited:
I think it just has to with being competetive first then waiting for the ol 'puter to pull your name. Lots of guys who've been waiting 2+ years were waiting at times when SWA wasn't hiring. A better judge would be to count how many months you didn't get called when SWA was calling people. Otherwise it's all relative and experiences are going to vary based on when that particular person got their type. Not to worry guys, I'm confident that all who are typed with get their chance to talk to them.....besides, great things come to those who wait!

Waborita said:
Congrats! What are your stats? do you have the type?

8,000+ total
3,000 turbine pic
737 Capt
4 year degree

waited about 8 months
hope to dive in the pool

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back