SWA upcomming interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWAnnabee

Anyone hear any word on the next rount of interviews? When will they be and when will calls go out?
Also, a SWA buddy and FO recently told me that word from the HR dept is that there are currently only 600 apps with the type and that meet the minimums. The rumor is that all 737-typed apps that also meet the minimums will be interviewed by fall this year. Any thoughts or info?

Haven't heard that

Can't confirm that rumor. I would suspect there are more than the 600 w/types with so many apps in. Folks w/ & w/o types are being called right now.

Phone calls for interviews come usually only 2-3 weeks in advance of the actual interview dates. A sure tip though because I've heard of lot from folks who were scrambling at the last minute so do the following in advance so you can relax prior to the interview:
1. HS diploma (GED or transcripts if you don't have them)
2. College diploma if applicable (or transcripts)
3. Current phone numbers for all contacts
4. 3 LORs that are current

My apologies for repeating myself from several months back but these are still things that are stressing folks out, plan ahead. cheers,

He was trying to stress that, although there are many with types, not all meet the actual minimums, ie PIC turbine, etc. Of those on file with SWA and typed, only 600+/- had the type AND met all the minimums. At 140/month interviewed, the guess is that all with types and the minimums will get a call before the end of this year. Again, any info from within would be nice. Thanks.

To clarify

He was trying to stress that, although there are many with types, not all meet the actual minimums, ie PIC turbine, etc. Of those on file with SWA and typed, only 600+/- had the type AND met all the minimums.

I may not be reading your thoughts or the previous posters thoughts correctly but the following applies: To apply all persons need to meet the minimums. To be "on file" means you meet all the minimums & of course as you know no type is required.

Those with types are exceeded by those without types is the common thought & while your numbers are correct at about 140 per month, I suspect interviews will cease before Dec (people need a break) so you have 7 months of interviews, assuming that 2/3rds (an assumption that is only that) are typed who get called for an interview you'll have 600+ typed folks interviewed by the end of the year. I have my own thoughts (non-scientific of course & without merit) about how many apps w/types there are but I honestly believe the number of typed folks exceed the number speculated on above.

What would be my guess in terms of when the "typed applicant" pool for interviewees would be drained? Very difficult to say since many are entering the pool every day with updated apps or those who are applying for the first time. Speculating on when, what criteria or what flavor of the month is going to get called for a SWA interview is an exercise for those with many more brain cells than I have (which is most people). It is a good sport but one that would cause me to pull a muscle in a very old body....again good luck. If I have mis-interpreted your post my apologies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back