• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

SWA Unions helping JB!

Looking

Total Time
5k+
Please SW Pilot groups, DO NOT offer any help to the non-elected but MGMT selected group that JB Management is putting in place in the form of "Permanent Work Committees". This is just another way mgmt is trying to keep Unions out. Let your Union Reps know how you feel about offering help to JB MGMT.

IF we do get a Union in the future, and I do hope so; then, please offer as much help as possible. If they truly wanted to work with us they would not have fought the JBPA drive the way they did.

J32driver

Strokin it...
Total Time
8000+
I'm going to 2nd what Looking said.

This is just the next phase of misdirection here at good ole' JetBlue. They are trying to take on the appearance of a Union. To bad the work groups are not accountable to the pilots, but only to the management.

Getting help from SWAPA is about nothing more than appearance. Please don't help this sham!

Bavarian Chef

Registered jetBluser
Total Time
I agree. But the whole SWAPA thing may have been a suggestion from a union supporter that is on the committee.

Looking

Total Time
5k+
It does not matter who the request came from.

This is MGMT's way to avoid for us to have industry standard work rules under a legal
CBA that covers: seniority, pay, insurance, work rules, retirement plans, LOL, etc..

As long as we don't have voted in a Union and working on a CBA I would urge all other
Union organizations NOT to offer help,
UNLESS IT IS FOR THE ORGANIZATION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PREVIOUSLY
MENTIONED ISSUES UNDER A CBA OR UNION ORGANISATION GROUP.

ivauir

SNIKT!
Total Time
SWAPA supported your efforts to unionize. I'll talk to my rep, but I doubt the current group would support you mgt. We want those 190 rates to go UP!

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
This has Ford & Harrison written all over it. SWAPA should know better than to get in the middle of JB management's games on this one.

BLUE BAYOU

Total Time
Two key players from JBPA (No.1 and 2) are on this "management selected" permanent work committee... What's the rational behind that oh wonders of all answers about everything?

GuppyPuppy

Living the Dream
Total Time
28 yrs
Two key players from JBPA (No.1 and 2) are on this "management selected" permanent work committee... What's the rational behind that oh wonders of all answers about everything?

Maybe to actually give the appearance that JB management is genuinely concerned about everyone's opinion.

The bottom line for me is one of trust. I don't trust our management to "do the right thing". First, they wanted to pay us SWA rates minus 2%. When confronted with that circa 2006, they said, "The guy who told you that no longer works here". Then, they said they wanted us to have "industry standard" pay. When confronted with that, management responded with the lousy contract of 2008 which incentivizes pilots to come to work while sick, not to mention, no real increase on the A320 and E190 rates still low. They completely disregarded the PCRB report that they sanctioned. Now, management says they want our pay to be "fair and sustainable". I wonder how they will dance around this one.

This is just simple Jetblue economics...the law of diminishing expectations. If you expect rock bottom pay, benefits and work rules, you'll be happy.

GP

PS: Still waiting for Dave to tell us what he actually "gets" when, during the union drive, he said that he "gets it".

Dizel8

Douglas metal
Total Time
Huh?

Maybe so the Bob's don't get to run around unsupervised, telling management how gosh darn happy we are!

Pilotbob3

Total Time
16000+
SWAPA supported your efforts to unionize. I'll talk to my rep, but I doubt the current group would support you mgt. We want those 190 rates to go UP!

Any word from SWAPA? I find it hard to believe a Union would help any non union carrier.

I believe this is not a good thing.