• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA trng dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The recruiter told us that people who received the 'career phone call' were told they should expect a December-January class date. I assume individuals who have been in the pool for a longer period of time should get one earlier. Hope this helps.

Hey Guys,

I am with one of those airlines that is getting big press about going bankrupt. Does SWA still require a 737 type? I heard they dropped that requirement a few years ago but it looks like it is back. Can you verify that?
Thanks
Deli Guy

They never dropped it, but they did remove the requirement to have it before you interview. That said, I was told flat-out in January by an SWA recruiter that they weren't calling anyone this year who didn't have it already.

Officially, you have to get it within 6 months of the job offer. But unofficiallly, as I said, you won't get that far without it.

One of the applicants in our interview group (mid-June 2005) did not have a 737 type. He enrolled at Higher Power the following week but, regrettably, was not selected to continue past the DB. He did interview without the type though (100% certain-sure FWIW).

Thanks for the answer guys. It's kind of hard to get back into the interview mode after 7 years but when the going gets tough.....you know the rest

Thanks again,
Deli Guy

Hey, I did not realize I went to page 2. I thought I lost the post. Sorry,
Deli Guy

Last edited:
135 Guy said:
Anyone out there have a trng date for Oct, Nov, Dec??????

From my understanding, people don't find out about class date until about 1 mo prior to the class beginning. So September class calls may be going out now if they haven't begun already. Has anyone received a call for Sept yet?

It seems that some of the ATA guys are getting called for interviews without a type rating. Not sure though. I do not know of one other person who has been "pre-hired" in the past few years. People in the "know" are saying, no type no interview. Hope this info helps. If you are lucky enough to get called for an interview without a type rating, then by all means wait until you get the "call" before you invest the money.

Latest resources

Back