• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA touchdown at wrong airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about congratulating this crew for not killing anybody? There's worse things that have happened to humanity than two pilots landing at the wrong airport.

Seriously? It seems that they didn't kill anybody in spite of the mistake. That deserves congratulations?

Better lucky than competent, I guess. I don't think this is a SWA issue, nothing to do with being "cowboys" or "pushing the envelope." Simple mistake, with a potentially grave outcome that they somehow avoided. Amazing how SWA seems to have largely avoided the appropriate scathing press - last video I saw of the incident was the airplane taking off with everyone on the ground cheering...seriously?

How about congratulating this crew for not killing anybody? There's worse things that have happened to humanity than two pilots landing at the wrong airport.

If I had a family member on that flight, congratulations would be the last thing I would be sending.

All anybody in the back of the airplane is requiring from the guys up front is to get them there safely.

If they had the automation, why not use it, and if people are getting to lazy to use it, than there is a serious problem.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back