• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA submits ONLY binding bid.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You sound pathetic, and can't even muster up an answer. This is HANGER TALK, dumbarse. It concerns EVERYONE. If you don't like it, LEAVE. (and go do 6 legs to ISP)

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, I really hate to do this, but once again I have to agree. Thanks for the entertainment and fly safe!

I think the offer to buy them is binding, integrating them is not required though. IOW SWA will own them if they win the auction but it can be run as a separate company depending on what happens with labor support for the deal. This still leaves some negotiating to be done between SWAPA and FAPA to try and save F9 jobs. And no one gets my LBB overnights General, that is a show stopper.

SWAPA has scope language that doesn't allow a separate airline to operate, but will allow a fence to occur if negotiated. The offer is binding, but has contingencies, much like a real estate deal. The deal is off if any (just a random list) of the following occurs: DOJ doesn't approve, SWA BOD rejects offer, SWAPA and FAPA can't come to an agreement...etc.

This is good news! I hope that SWA gets f9... But I have to wish the pilots good luck on the SWA interview.

This is good news! I hope that SWA gets f9... But I have to wish the pilots good luck on the SWA interview.

Reveal your info source regarding F9 interview @ WN please.... I don't believe that info has been released as of yet. Thanks

Read other posts on here and the original bid offer... Southwest in original statement at as the need arose they would be extended on oportunity to apply with SWA.

Read other posts on here and the original bid offer... Southwest in original statement at as the need arose they would be extended on oportunity to apply with SWA.

O, I thought you got the "official" language from the agreement... I believe that's where the info will come from. Not via posts on FInfo or original statements. I guess we will know factually when the verbiage comes out in the agreed contract if WN wins the auction... Hopefully! Thanks

SWAPA M&A committee confirms SWA and SWAPA have no requirement to merge pilot groups and all F9 employees can be legally scuttled after draw down of the F9 operation. If the judge likes this or not is another story.

SWAPA M&A committee confirms SWA and SWAPA have no requirement to merge pilot groups and all F9 employees can be legally scuttled after draw down of the F9 operation. If the judge likes this or not is another story.

I guess we'll see, nothing factual that I've seen.

I think the offer to buy them is binding, integrating them is not required though. IOW SWA will own them if they win the auction but it can be run as a separate company depending on what happens with labor support for the deal. This still leaves some negotiating to be done between SWAPA and FAPA to try and save F9 jobs. And no one gets my LBB overnights General, that is a show stopper.

I believe FAPA's PWA requires integration under these circumstances, as does SWAPA's. There has been no move to reject the FAPA PWA through an 1113c and I believe that SWA's bid probably ends that out at this point. As has traditionally been the case, furloughs and hiring after an acquisition is announced are considered "post constructive notice." So its likely that a snap shot of the seniority lists and category lists at this time or in the near future will probably be used when constructing the integrated seniority list, either through negotiations or through arbitration.

Latest resources

Back