• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA submits ONLY binding bid.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
... of getting a "better" deal than a staple, ...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Reminds me of the story your sister told me about stapling your buttcheeks together. She said you're boyfriend was crying for a week.

In looking back at the other BK over the last 10 years. The judges have basically ingored labors' needs. They only look out for the company, the bond holders and investors. That is it. What ever is best for them is what the judge will support/rule in favor of.

The other thing to watch is DOT. With the amount of overlap and the obvious takeover of one company with another to eliminate competition they may no approve the sale of Frontier to Southwest. Remember, SWA wants to take them apart and abosorb their routes and gates within 2 years. They don't care about the people or aircraft. DOT could stop this cold for SWA regardless of what SWAPA or anyone else wants.

However Republic wants the company, people and jets and wants to continue to operate Frontier as a wholy owned company (just like thier other companies/airlines). This does support continued competitions and benefits the consumer.

I think that the DOT will rule against SWA and for Republic.

Just my opinion.......

FNG

In looking back at the other BK over the last 10 years. The judges have basically ingored labors' needs. They only look out for the company, the bond holders and investors. That is it. What ever is best for them is what the judge will support/rule in favor of.

The other thing to watch is DOT. With the amount of overlap and the obvious takeover of one company with another to eliminate competition they may no approve the sale of Frontier to Southwest. Remember, SWA wants to take them apart and abosorb their routes and gates within 2 years. They don't care about the people or aircraft. DOT could stop this cold for SWA regardless of what SWAPA or anyone else wants.

However Republic wants the company, people and jets and wants to continue to operate Frontier as a wholy owned company (just like thier other companies/airlines). This does support continued competitions and benefits the consumer.

Just my opinion.......

FNG

There is no precedent in 38 years that Southwest expansion is detrimental to ticket prices. If ticket prices will not go up then the DOT has NO reason to derail SWA's bid. It is still up to Frontier Holdings to approve the bid or reject it and say that they preferr RJET's bid.
It depends on if the creditors committee will value RJET's stock more than cash from WN.

There is no precedent in 38 years that Southwest expansion is detrimental to ticket prices. If ticket prices will not go up then the DOT has NO reason to derail SWA's bid. It is still up to Frontier Holdings to approve the bid or reject it and say that they preferr RJET's bid.
It depends on if the creditors committee will value RJET's stock more than cash from WN.

Yes, but DOT often works on "perception" that it would caues ticket prices to rise, regardless of if they would or not. DOT wants to insure competition as well as prevent the "percetion" that SWA is becoming too big. Internal growth they cannot not stop easily, however buying a direct competitors they can. And buying Frontier is exactly that. Remember this is a corporate raid (buy, gut and sell assets), not a merger.

If SWA was to keep Frontier operating as a separate company they would not stop it. But it is not. SWAs plans strictly is to eliminate competition and most likley won't pass the smell test at DOT.

Just my opinion.......

FNG

Reminds me of the story your sister told me about stapling your buttcheeks together. She said you're boyfriend was crying for a week.

It turned out to be your Dad, and he kept calling me your name....

Bye Bye--General Lee

What makes you sure that Republic wants the people?

Just my opinion.......

FNG

Just one point on a matter of government regulatory oversight: The Dept. of JUSTICE has the ability to stop mergers or acquisitions in order to "protect" competitive "balance." Not DOT. It was anti-trust concerns from DOJ that helped scuttle one or two airline mergers in the past (the aborted UAL-USAir merger springs to mind).

Carry on.

And good luck to F9. I have several friends there, they run a nice airline, and I truly hope things turn out well for them.

Just one point on a matter of government regulatory oversight: The Dept. of JUSTICE has the ability to stop mergers or acquisitions in order to "protect" competitive "balance." Not DOT. It was anti-trust concerns from DOJ that helped scuttle one or two airline mergers in the past (the aborted UAL-USAir merger springs to mind).

Carry on.

And good luck to F9. I have several friends there, they run a nice airline, and I truly hope things turn out well for them.

Hope that Government Regulatory Oversight can stop competitive Chapter 11/7?

Latest resources

Back