SWA stock price

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

erkens

I know there was a rumor floating around about early retirements from SWA if the stock price hit $20. Since it's almost up to $19 this early Thursday morning, I thought I ask: Does anyone want to speculate as to how many pilots would actually do this? Just trying to shed a little more light on the end of the tunnel.

I have yet to fly with a captain who's within two years or less of retiring that is interested in leaving early. It's been quite the opposite, most ask me (former corporate/charter) what's available for them after age 60.

From my perspective I doubt too many early retirements, however, if some captains do, that’d help me out with seniority.
:D

RJ

$.40 away

A friend of mine who's an Oakland FO said he knew some Captains who were talking about it. But, we all know how pilots are, most of us just talk because we like the sound of our own voice.

I know there are a lot of junior and wannabee folks who'd like to see the old millionaires "call in rich", including us waiting for the poolies to dry off so we can sit in the People Department waiting room in our Men's Warehouse attire.

C'mon guys! You had your fun! Go buy a ranch and drink beer on the back porch. You've earned your rest.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back