SWA SAT to HOU Commute

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tater

I'm a SWA poolie right now...hope to start training in Sep. Living in SAT, HOU seems to be the most logical/easy commute (DAL too senior?). Any SWA guys doing the SAT to HOU thing care to chime in and confirm or deny? How are the schedules out of HOU? If we did move to HOU, where are the nicest/family friendly areas to live (for you HOU folks).

Don't count DAL out. Yes it is senior but that is changing. It has just as many if not more commute options to SAT on SWA plus you can fly on Air First and I think it's either Bank Air or Air Net to DAL late at night and early in the AM. We are currently in expansion mode in DAL right now. Even more flights are being added in the Fall on the Nov. 4 schedule change. Right now it is six months from DOH to get DAL. One potential problem is that all of our bases seniority may change at the bottom levels when LAS opens. I would research the SAT - LAS commute because that may be where you are for a few months.

I did the SAT-HOU commute for about 10 years as an SWA F/A. Wasn't too bad. Hotels have gotten a little pricier over the years. There are a lot of commuters, but if you plan accordingly it's not too bad. I always flew PMs and usually had no trouble getting to work or making it home the morning after my trip ended. If all else fails it's about a 3 hour drive door to door. Send me a PM if you need more details.

Latest resources

Back