• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA rumor control

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
looking the weight limit at the airport, I dont know if that is a structural limitation or a policy for longevity of the airport, but anyway 90K lbs aint gonna work

Southwest will buy everyone, there will be no competition, the 787 will be introduced, and everyone hired (at a rate of 5,000 a year) will start at $200,000, with a five year benchmark of $500,000.

I keep hearing 787s. Are you kidding me? Maybe a 737 sized 787, but we will NEVER have 787s. That is not who we are, or what we do. You want to fly BIG airplanes, you're gonna have to go somewhere else...

I keep hearing 787s. Are you kidding me? Maybe a 737 sized 787, but we will NEVER have 787s. That is not who we are, or what we do. You want to fly BIG airplanes, you're gonna have to go somewhere else...

No kidding. Can you imagine what the PFT would be for a 787 type rating?:laugh::laugh:

We also don't fly to Airports like LGA, PHL, and BOS either, we're Southwest Airlines after all and that's not what we do. We also will never attempt to buy another Airline with a different fleet type either, not Southwest Airlines. When it comes to what GK will or won't do, there is absolutely nothing that would surprise me including flying far International with 787's if he thinks we can make a solid buck doing it.

Latest resources

Back