SWA RJ's......????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Xfr8dog

Thats the latest rumor i heard. SWA is getting RJ's. Added to this rumor was 737 types no longer required because all new hires will start there... um. Hmmm.

Now whats the truth please? : - )

Old news I'm afraid, Old Chap. Search the forum and find out.]

;)

enigma

I do like the twist about the type requirement. A litttle truth to substantiate the rumor, cute.

They have already ordered 400, um no, make it 500. Just ask Lowecur.

HAHA! OK so i didn't get a straight answer but i can read between the lines... NO they're not getting RJ's. Thanks people... but to the guy who said search the forums... do you have a thread title for me? I'd be interested in reading more about this false rumor :)

Lowecur

Xfr8dog said:
HAHA! OK so i didn't get a straight answer but i can read between the lines... NO they're not getting RJ's. Thanks people... but to the guy who said search the forums... do you have a thread title for me? I'd be interested in reading more about this false rumor :)
Look up what Lowecur has posted - that is all he talks about.

AF

Xfr8dog said:
Thats the latest rumor i heard. SWA is getting RJ's. Added to this rumor was 737 types no longer required because all new hires will start there... um. Hmmm.

Now whats the truth please? : - )

Boy did people take this one and run with it. Just jumping to their own conclusions.

If you listened to the audio of this interview, (way back on August 29, 2003) CEO Parker said that he wouldn't rule out ading RJs in the future IF it made financial sense. That he would consider ALL options that would benefit their balance sheets. As any good CEO would. Parker was just stating he is open to the idea down the road when and IF it becomes cost effective to add a second type to the fleet. For right now? Forget about it. For the near future he said that SWA is very happy with Boeing and their orders/options for the next 10+ years.

This page had the audio link, but who knows how long it will remain available:
http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=c...news&tkr=LUV:US

As far as the type rating requirement I heard from my interviewer friend it was coming back to get the interview. It's still required before you are officially hired anyway, so that doesn't lend any support for the RJ rumor.

.......just another .02 worth

Latest resources

Back