• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

SWA Reserve

SiouxFlyer

Total Time
Hello,

Question: What is the average length of time a new hire sits reserve at SWA? I'm sure it varies from base to base and and is never constant, but just wanted to get a feel for what to expect.

Thanks

KLJ

Total Time
A lot
Of course, the amount is variable based on lots of factors, but I'll tell you how it worked out for me.

I'm based at BWI; I had reserve lines Jan - Apr. In May, I got a "blank" line which ended up being a reserve line. In June, I got a regular line.

KJ

N1atMax

Total Time
I finished IOE in March. Had a hard line in april, in OAK. Bid PHX in april. Received PHX for May (on Reserve). I was awarded a blank line for june which was pretty much 3 on 4 off. So for me it was one month of reserve and I flew 12 of my 15 days of reserve.

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
Total Time
>12000
November = IOE
December = Hardline in OAK
January - February = Reserve in MDW
March = Blankline
April = Blankline
May = Blankline
June = Hardline