SWA Question....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

schmooze

Is it true that SWA is the only major carrier that doesn't fly red-eyes? I'm not sure if any of the national carriers fit into this category. Is there anyone who knows why this is, if in fact this is true?

Well the first flights out of anywhere we fly on eastern time make my eyes red. Ha Ha, I am a west coast guy. But to answer your question, No we do not fly "Red Eyes" We do fly Charters in the middle of the night but those are the exception not the rule and pilots bid on those as they pay a premium.

The earliest I've ever pushed is 0535 local, FLL-TPA. My eyes were almost red on that one. I bet you could get some late stories from the PM flyers out there following wx delays etc... but not "scheduled" flying.

PM Folks,
Please tell us a PM story.

My worst P.M was this. Supposed to do a ind mdw sdf STL phx. Show at IND and Ac is 30 min late inbound. We get a ground stop for WX to MDW so add another hour. Finally get to MDW. 6 hrs on the ground in MDW due to WX. Scheduling calls and says overfly STL. So we do a SDF to PHX with 16 paxs. And we are legal by 15 min. We land in PHX at 145 local. Can we say i did not make my connection home that night.

I was mixed up in that mess too. Was supposed to finish back at home in HOU but I only made as far as STL. Unscheduled RON in STL, flew in the am to MCI, then DHed back to HOU. Turned a 4 day into 5 day, but hey the pay was good.

HC

Latest resources

Back