Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bmxandjets

poolside
To the SWA guys and gals: On a typical schedule for a low seniority type guy, about how many calender days does a typical schedule include? I had heard in the ballpark of 12? Thanks.

To the SWA guys and gals: On a typical schedule for a low seniority type guy, about how many calender days does a typical schedule include? I had heard in the ballpark of 12? Thanks.

that sounds about right...maybe 13 or 14 days scheduled on duty. On reserve, I think it is 15 days on in a 30 day month...and 16 days on reserve in a 31 day month.

Additionally, a 1st year pilot can pick up open time or "Extra fly" at 2nd yr pay rates. He/She can also put their line trips in "give-away" and if they are picked up, then put in for open tim or "EF" for that all important 2nd yr pay.

thanks for the info! i like the idea of getting all my months flying done in the fewest days required, it's gotta be great working for such an efficient company! now, i'll patiently wait for the interviews to start back up...it's gonna be a long cold winter i'm afraid..

Latest resources

Back