SWA quality of Life/Contract Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigDave

Is the current SWA contract posted online anywhere? I am interested in the quality of life provision in the contact. IE min days off on reserve, call out times on reserve, trip trading, pick ups etc. For example can pilots pick up trips that start out of domicile? Anything and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Our contract is very old and has a ton of sideletters, you have to have a password to download it from our union website. I dont think we have access to all the sideletters and scheduling agreements that we have now. We get 15 days of min on reserve. Reserve callout is 2 hours. Reserve is split AM and PM...Am starts about 4 am and Pm starts around 11 Am. You can pick up trips out of domicile if another pilot has it split up in our " Trip trade giveaway" system. If its in company open time, they are pretty flexible about not making you travel to your domicile if the trip starts with a deadhead.

Our contract is indeed old and anytime there is a tie, the company wins.

That being said - we have the most liberal flying/trade/pickup and best min days off and most dense flying of any airline I know of.

This place kicks ass as far as making this job easy to enjoy.

Gup

Our contract is indeed old and anytime there is a tie, the company wins.

That being said - we have the most liberal flying/trade/pickup and best min days off and most dense flying of any airline I know of.

This place kicks ass as far as making this job easy to enjoy.

Gup

thanks gup. when i have people constantly ask me why i'm holding out for a shot at SW...those are exactly the reasons why.

Hi Moose
I have flown under both the AirTran and SWA contracts and can say that the SWA contract (as old as it is) is far superior.
There was maybe one or two (minor) items from the AT contract that I would like to see here, but on the whole, the SWA contract is much better. And that doesn't even take into consideration pay, 401k, p/s, and other benefits.

the flexibility of our contract is something to marvel at. Your schedule is liquid...by that I mean you can change it a million times and no one asks any questions. Honestly...if you want to work...you can but if you don't you can do that too. By the way, I have not even begun to discuss $$$. QOL alone is amazing.

Okay, I'm foaming at the mouth now. Thanks. God I hope they start hiring again sometime sooner than later. I too am holding out.

Latest resources

Back