SWA Putshbacks in PHL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RUhiring?

Just a quick question to the SWA guys who fly out of PHL. When your a/c are parked on the end of the E concourse, why do your pushback crews push the a/c all the way back onto taxiway J and block all traffic? There is plenty of room to push away from the gate and not block anyone's movement.

RUhiring? said:
Just a quick question to the SWA guys who fly out of PHL. When your a/c are parked on the end of the E concourse, why do your pushback crews push the a/c all the way back onto taxiway J and block all traffic? There is plenty of room to push away from the gate and not block anyone's movement.
Because we now run the show there.

Trust me, we aren't pushing back and blocking a taxiway unless we've been told to push back that far by ramp control OR there just isn't any room to do it a better way. Our Jepps tell us to make sure we don't block a particular service road near the gates, so maybe that has something to do with it. I'll check it out next time I'm in there.

I think "Ramp control" would bring it to our attention if we were messing it up that bad? I'm sure we get in peoples way from time to time, it makes you wonder what would happen if they didn't have a ramp control? Thankfully, we have to talk on 3 freqs before we can go to ground just to keep things efficient

I kind of thought maybe it had to do with the service road. However, I guess this is an occasion when the ground traffic has priority over taxiing aircraft.
Heaven forbid we should keep that (U Express) baggage guy from getting to the breakroom to take a nap.

"Heaven forbid we should keep that (U Express) baggage guy from getting to the breakroom to take a nap"

Man I know you didn't go there. Look out, your gonna get "cap" in your a$$ now.

Maybe not a cap in my a$$, but I'd better keep an eye on my crew bag from now on.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back