• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heat

Former SWA Paddler
Fellow Poolies,

Congrats to those of you recently called for the 12 Jan class! Although the pool list hasn't seen much action lately, it appears it's time to blow the dust off and put it back to work.

If you have been called for the Jan class, please take a couple minutes and fire an email my way. I'll post as many as I have on the 15th of December. AF757PILOT was the first to break the ice yesterday.

While I gotcha on the line, some repeat information from LL this morning...

No classes in Feb due to checklist changes
2 classes of 20 persons each per month starting in March
Continued 20 person classes through 400 total hires
I'm 10 classes out @ 20 per class, including the January class (#152 on our list, for those of you near the bottom of the pool, gives you an idea of how the real numbers are working out.

That is all... again congrats to the 12 Jan 04 folks. Send me your confirmations and I'll update the list on the 15th. Take care, and have a great holiday season!

Heat

Heat, thanks so much for keeping the updates on track.
We all appreciate your work.
So far, I've tried to search and here are the ones I've come up with invited to the party on Jan 12th:

JDeanP
Santini
Hankhill
IceburgClub
Stinger22
CE750driver

I haven't seen AF757 post that he made it unless he emailed you seperately. Hopefully I didn't miss anybody. If I did, please chime in. All y'all have a great day!

Originally posted by PTinbound I haven't seen AF757 post that he made it unless he emailed you seperately. Hopefully I didn't miss anybody. If I did, please chime in. All y'all have a great day! [/B]

Sorry this news is so tardy, but I had to let my employer know before I posted anything. Boy was Heat fast! Anyway, I got the call from LL 1 week after everybody else (I am #21 on the unofficial list). She must have indeed "squeezed me in." I think they have had 3-4 people below me not accept training, which supports the historical "unofficial pool list factor." I got the official Chief Pilot call Tuesday, and the Fedex package yesterday. Getting excited now!

Sorry for the secrecy, Flyingchef. You are crazy, and going to be missed (not.....LOL). Stangdog, keep him in line for me.

AF757pilot (I need to think up a new name now - cool).

Congrats to all the poolies in front of me.

As far as no classes in February... well thats not good news and to make matters worse...'04 is a darn leap year!!! Thats 29 days and not 28 days of no classes!!!:D

Oh well....Been this long in the pool, I know I can make 1 more day go by. Back to changing diapers and house work.

Happy Holidays/MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone

AJ:cool:

ISO

Searching for a few good Poolies... Sent a bunch of PMs out, and received the following:

SLAM89: Does not accept PMs
Zeus: Invalid username
Fredman: Invalid username
Chode: Invalid username
Bruggs: Invalid username
KD: Invalid username
DC8MAC: Invalid username
Flyhaller: Invalid username
Muff: Invalid username

If you know any of these folks, please take a minute to ask them to contact me regarding their class / pool status. Now that the pool shows signs of movement, I'd like to ensure it's as accurate as possible... you know... for the customer and all! Would rather not do the "he said, she said" thang, but would like to correspond directly with the poolie. Lots of intergrity out there, don't get me wrong... just wanna keep the honest people honest.

Thanks for the replies you've sent so far. Congrats to the following:

Stinger22
Hankhill
Icebergclub
JDEANP
Santini
CE750driver
AF757Pilot

Congrats again, and Happy Holidays,
Heat

Heat

The word I got from the PD last week was a class of 24 every two weeks starting in March. I guess they have decided to drop it down to 20 again...who knows. By the way did she say "Two classes a month" or "a class every two weeks"?

Just to let you guys know:

I spoke with "Flyhaller" yesterday and he's gotten the call from Southwest and will be attending a March class.

Also, "Cooter" has been through training and flying out of the Oakland pilot base for quite a while now.

From Conference Two Months Ago...

I attended a conference put on by HPA/SWA in San Antonio a couple months ago and there was talk that interviews need to start two months prior to non-poolies hired (Background Investigation time lapse) and that they want to keep a "pool", if you will, of 60 to ensure future classes get filled. (I know they either put that word out at the conference...or I dreamed it after a couple bong hits. Wait, did I really type that? Never at dusk...)

Starting to sound like April interviews?! Someone else posted several weeks ago that historically WN kept roughly 100 poolies at a time when they were hiring continously. This piece of gossip would support interviews even earlier.

I've been patiently optimistic for a loooong time and Heat's post is the first one I've seen that really sounds like honest-to-god official good news for us poolie-wannabe's awaiting the opportunity to interview.

Anybody have anyting more concrete concerning interview start dates? I think 2004 is going to be a good year for a lot of us.

-edited for bone-headed date mistake. :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back