• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA pilots ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It would have to be negotiated. It'd probably pay the same (other than the fact that an 800 would probably be flying much more productive long haul days than the average 300/700).

shootr

Our long haul flights are nearly always full. Short haul - not so much. So...a bigger A/C fits long hauls better. If we had it, it would be our go-to plane for stuff like MHT-PHX, BWI-LAX, LAS-MCO, etc. Our trips pay much better when flying like this is included. If we kept a common type, a typical day would be one long haul and a couple of short hauls (after a plane change).

shootr

True, but because of it's size it would not be as efficient on the short hauls.

WTF????????

Or, it will be more profitable. If you fill every seat in both airplanes, the increase in revenue on the 800 far exceeds the slight loss in efficiency by using a larger aircraft. You need the right tool for the job, and in this industry that is matching capacity with demand. If you are leaving people behind in your full 700, that is money lost.

I have never understood the thought behind not wanting 800's. Some have said it would require another FA, but that is only over 150 pax...am I missing something?

Since SWA bought the ATA certificate, ATA had 800's I think, so that would make the 800 a perfect fit.
ATA Airlines had Etops, world wide, and North Atlantic MNPS
It wouldn't take much to get those extra perks up and running again.

Quick question for LUV pilots. Before I send my passport for renewal, do your gate agents require a CASS check even if i sit in the back? Sometimes they want to see my stuff even they'll put me in cabin, sometimes not. I just want to make sure 1) I have my passport when I need it, and 2) CASS won't red flagged me cuz my passport is due.

Thanks!

I have never understood the thought behind not wanting 800's. Some have said it would require another FA, but that is only over 150 pax...am I missing something?

The 737-800 is set up for 189 pax in a one class configuration. Required FA's are based on the amount of seats on the aircraft, not actual passengers. LUV would have to add another FA, or offer one hell of a lot of leg room.

Latest resources

Back