• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Pilot union gives away flying!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd be willing to forgo the 2% X three years to have stronger codeshare language. I could drive 4 Mack trucks through the holes that are written into this agreement.

Most likely voting NO.

The Victors is the kinda guy a car dealer LOVES to see walk onto his lot.... always accepts the sticker price, even if it's a used-car.
Don't mention my name when discussing your wife. My post wasn't a "vote YES", just starting a conversation. I'm not happy with this crap either. I'm just not as optimistic that the company will come running back to the table to give us a better deal if we vote this thing down. My point was to read the thing, take a deep breath, and think about it for a while.

Don't mention my name when discussing your wife. My post wasn't a "vote YES", just starting a conversation. I'm not happy with this crap either. I'm just not as optimistic that the company will come running back to the table to give us a better deal if we vote this thing down. My point was to read the thing, take a deep breath, and think about it for a while.[/quote]

Done that. With all respect my vote is NO!!!

I LUV SWA. I want to see this place grow.

Last edited:
Victor,

The company may not come "running back" to negotiate but they will be required to negotiate. If you keep the emotion out of it, (something I'm not always good at) you see it from a different light.

I love this company. I am very blessed to have a job at, IMO, is the best airline out there. I am also of the mind that a no vote does not mean you are trying to burn the joint down. A no vote simply means there are sections that the pilot group would like to see renegotiated.

If we go back to the table it will be up to the company to decide how hard they want to push and just how much like United or American they want to be.

I just want to go fly, have a positive influence on our customers, have a good time with my crew, make my 110tfp and go home to be with my family.

Gup

A no vote simply means there are sections that the pilot group would like to see renegotiated.
Sounds good. As it's a negotiation, what would you be willing to change/loosen to tighten the scope which you find so distasteful?

Do any of you guys have friends over at Airtran?

Ask them how, exactly, voting "no" to two consecutive TAs worked out for them.

Don't bother asking their union president, he quit. The union guys are prolly busy to, what with the decertification vote and all.

It worked out great. Very few of us have even the slightest regrets about that. It was the right decision. That TA was worse than our current agreement, and with 86-seat scope, it would have resulted in significant outsourcing and lost jobs for our guys. We'll have a better TA soon.

Don't bother asking their union president, he quit. The union guys are prolly busy to, what with the decertification vote and all.
Sounds like the Southwest TA vote is going to go similar to the Airtran TA vote of summer 2007. Senior guys in general are going to vote yes, and the junior guys in genernal vote no.

Is your union president telling all the FOs not to worry about the FO payscale because you will all be Captains by 2011? If not, you guys have one up on us (although that guy did get replaced, and well the guy that replaced that guy got replaced too).

You turned down the first one with an assumption the second would be better. Was it?

Now you turned down the second, assuming the third will be better. Why would it?

It sounds like the company is quite willing to have you guys beg to keep what already existed two TAs ago.

You turned down the first one with an assumption the second would be better. Was it?

Yes, by a significant margin. It still wasn't good enough, though.

Now you turned down the second, assuming the third will be better. Why would it?

Because if it's not, they're going to get a strike. The choice is theirs. Pay us fairly, or shut down the airline.

Latest resources

Back