Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bigred

Flight Ops Newsline for Tuesday, April 2 2002

Good Afternoon. This is the Flight Ops Newsline for Tuesday, April 2, 2002.

We have a few updates from the Training Center and we’ll also tell you about our future hiring needs.

The next –700 simulator will arrive at the end of this month and should be ready for operation on June 25th. The second simulator will arrive in late July and will be ready in September. At that time, we will have three -700’s and three -300’s.

The Common Strategy II Highjack training has begun in EPT and all Pilots will be trained by the end of September, 2002.

Captain Upgrade workbooks are being sent out to all upcoming upgrades for the remainder of 2002. It is a combination of operational and systems knowledge review to better prepare new Captains prior to class.

We have postponed the April 11 class while our manning numbers are reviewed. Our staffing is in good shape for now, and we want to make sure that it continues. We will add the class at a later date.

Our interviewing will also slow down. We have a large pool of Pilots ready for class. This pool is sufficient for our short-term requirements.

Anyone got Draino?

And so we continue to swim...

Thanks for the info Big Red.

Bigred,

Sorry to bug you about this. Is there an estimated month or season when interviews will start again? Gracias, BN

I have no idea when interviews will begin again. Having said that, I don't think you'll see interviews again until late summer or fall. The key is the sim situation. When I went through training last summer they had all the sims going twenty hours a day. They use the sims for Captain Progress Checks, Captain Upgrade, FO progress checks and New Hire training. Being down two sims really hurts their ability to put people through the pipeline. I think they've made the decision to slow down new hires until the sim situation is resolved, and to slow down interviews until the pool is drained.

Having seen the passenger loads lately I think we'll start adding flights soon. Hopefully by the end of the year things will be some what back to normal. I have training in May so hopefully I can get some info while I'm at the GO. I know there are new hires in training who read this board, please post any info you find out. This forum is the best source of info on SWA hiring.

Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back