• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA PIC hire time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have 2 friends that got hired with less than 1500 PIC, but both had the type.

Of all my buddies from my previous regional job that have been hired recently without the type, most have had 3000+ PIC (1 had 1800ish, but he was a check airman)

Best of luck!!

Is it possible to get on without any internal recommendations or did all you have internal recs?

It's absolutely possible. There was a guy in my class with zero internal recs.

The way it was explained to me, the internal recs come into play during the DB. If you're right on the fence between a yes or a no, a strong rec from a SWA pilot may make a difference.

While they're not a no go item by any means, I'd certainly like to have a few if it were possible.

Anybody go to any open houses? I signed up for the FTI open house April 20th. I have 6000+TT 1700TPIC. No LOR's, and yes I have applied online.

maybe they were pissed cus your friend "him" was at a WIA function.

Man, I need to start hanging at these conferences. I just flew as a passenger on a Mesa jet with a smokin' hot petite brunette.

maybe they were pissed cus your friend "him" was at a WIA function.

Yeah. "They" don't like it when dudes turn out at WIA events. I myself went as a member of WIA just to see if discrimination exists in the airline industry.

Yes. If you are a white male, you are screwed. Ask Nacey Stutke, Ex UAL recruiter. Quotas were/are alive and well. I love America.

Of course, now... most jobs suck so... whatever.

In a nutshell... the convention blew for me :) but the after party was the bomb!

As soon as the People Department sees that you have changed your avatar you should get a call. They really do actively read these forums.

Yeah, ummm...leon thinksth that dog isth stho disthgustin that even the Sthkybusth folksth would want to put they peanut butter jar away!

Yes. If you are a white male, you are screwed. Ask Nacey Stutke, Ex UAL recruiter. Quotas were/are alive and well. I love America.

I believe that Nancy Stuke passed away from cancer a few years ago, so nobody can ask her anything.

Seems the overwhelming majority of new hires at any airline are white males...how does that happen?

Seems the overwhelming majority of new hires at any airline are white males...how does that happen?

The majority of licensed pilots in America are white males. I never wondered why the overwhelming majority of people in Japan are Asian. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back