• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA paycheck question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know you have Lear. I still say wow remembering your story. I think posting tired is about as bad as drunk, but grumpier since I tend towards 'happy drunk'-
I didn't mean to call you specifically out as bad as I did-
But believe me, after my furlough and seeing good friends go through so much in this career much worse, my tolerance for anybody saying the slightest thing negative on either the WN or AT side is about nil at this point. And we have a % here that won't shut up about it, and I'm real bored with them. It's just been settled too long and it's not that bad.
I would like you to keep me posted about how much time you're getting with the fam- I don't mean to minimize that.
And Lear, you've exceeded your private messages- this isn't gmail man(!)

Yeah, I've been meaning to clear out my box for a while, sorry about that.

No worries, I know tensions have been high and everyone is still finding their "happy place"; some will take longer than others. I'm just ready to move down the road, very happy to have a job and happy that if it had to be SOMEONE buying us, it was Southwest and not Republic or American. :D

Wait, did I just put Republic and American on the same level? lol ;)

Thanks, ASA, that would be great. :)

The MCO commute hasn't been bad at all, but I hear MDW is a bear. PM me with BWI details if you have them, although I may bid LAS from time to time just to get some better lines so when I drop time, people will actually WANT the trips. :)

Now to go collapse for a bit... 13 miles sucks. :puke: (but in a good way)

Any official word on contract negotiations? The last AT negotiation period lasted about what? 5 years... 3 presidents and 2 unions. Does SWA historically drag things out or will they try to keep this quick with all the moving pieces.

- Last talks went from Sep 2006 to Jan 2009 according to one article.

Last edited:
Historically, most of the past agreements have been extensions with improvements/changes here and there. This last contract was a complete re-write. I don't think the openers happen for a few more months. The NC have recently been working on ETOPS/international/redeye side letters.

I fully expect a contract extension this time around, but who knows?

Latest resources

Back