• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA paycheck question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are only two posts on this thread that are negative (now three). Both are yours; a person that thinks bagging on his own pilot group will somehow ingratiate themself with SWA pilots. They know that you'll do it to anybody, including them.

Go back and review your whining during the furlough. You complained that the pilot group wouldnt stick up for themselves ..... Now you're selling your arse to anyone that will listen, for anything you can get. Ironic.

The term for those individuals is, "Vichy Tran".

Furlough? Have I brought that up since it actually happened? Again and again, incorporating it into every thread about anything remotely Airtran? I don't understand. Is it a bad thing that I wanted the company to fire me ( which I believe was against the contract) instead of allowing the union to make concessions to the contract? Yet another example of why I had no confidence in how this was going to be resolved. I am not trying to ingratiate myself to anybody (On an anonymous web board). Just sick and tired of the constant negativity ON EVERY THREAD. WE GET IT, YOU VOTED NO.

Commuting it of Nashville is tight to certain bases. Lear pm me if you want to know more info.

Last edited:
All right my tran bro's go easy on each other. Treat each other the way you wanted to be treated.;)

Max Powers said:
I wish you could drop trip back.
You can drop upto 4 duty periods with the company through ELITT. Ie: three day and turn, two 2days a four day. Net zero in ELITT just needs to be + and = to or greater for the number of duty periods desired to drop.

Hey - for the record..(yawn)... Those 6 year FOs were "stapled" behind 4 year FOs- you lost two years- that's it- it's nothing- no one here will feel sorry for you- and I don't have sympathy, bc as tex said- you don't know how good you're gonna have it-
Think some of you need to spend some quality time with a late '99 UAL hire to see someone who actually has been screwed by this industry.

And Lear, I'm sure some of you do wish this never happened. That and a bucket of chicken will get you a bucket of chicken-
Time to grow up and stop the comparisons. Bc it'll all change again many times over in this career. You wanted a career where mergers and all the change that comes with them don't happen, you shouldn't have chosen airline pilot.

This acquisition is throwing nerf balls at you guys compared to what this industry can do.

And Lear, I'm sure some of you do wish this never happened.
I never said that.

That and a bucket of chicken will get you a bucket of chicken-
I don't eat at Popeyes. ;)

Time to grow up and stop the comparisons. Bc it'll all change again many times over in this career.
I believed I asked a legitimate question with a legitimate concern. You should try seeing it from our point of view, not knowing what will happen, and asking questions in a calm, non-confrontational manner, then appreciating the answers that are given.

This acquisition is throwing nerf balls at you guys compared to what this industry can do.
Yes, I think I'm pretty well-versed on what this industry can do, thanks. ;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back