SWA OAK commuter question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

eheddie

Anyone out there have any tips/tricks/advice/etc. for a new guy to commute from OKC to OAK? Looking for the quickest/easiest way to get out there, either on us or anyone else. Thanks!

All depends on whether you are flying am or pm. Depends on days of the week. Just guessing I'd say you could go OAK/DEN/OKC or OAK/SLC/OKC or OAK/PHX/OKC or OAK/LAS/OKC or OAK/DFW/OKC or OAK/HOU/OKC. You get my point. The options are almost limitless.

Gup

Gup,

I knew there were a ton of options, on many different carriers, including us...for eaxample I have heard of guys getting to OAK with FedEx in the past, etc. I'm just fishing to see if anyone has maybe done it before, or found the best carrier to go with, etc. Thanks!

ATA has started a redeye from OAK to MDW for you PM'rs.

Two really good web sites are Passrider.com and Crewroom.alpa.org/fdx/jumpseat

Passrider will give you every option that exists for your time table with the exception of the cargo folks. I used FedEx for most of my commuting, but there might be better options flying out of different cities. Just make sure you take a pile of cookies for the ground crews and jumpseat schedulers in MEM.

On a side note, if you want less excitement at your crash hotel, stay outside of OAK. Most crews stay in Hayward. The Laquinta was a popular place with a safe walk to some good Chinese food across the street. About a 15 minute van drive, but well worth the drive......with less gun fire. The number for the LaQuinta Hayward is 510-632-8900. I think it was about 40 out the door per night with the WN discount.

Good luck with the commute, and congratulations on the job.

-Spartacus

I dunno, when?

Probably the same time they start Int'l ops.

Not picking on you Hal but I thought we had an agreement that said we wouldn't fly common city pairs?

Interesting.

Gup

You did. When you owned part of us. That's why we pulled out of Florida after 35 years of going there. We used to go to MCO, PIE, SRQ, RSW, MIA, and FLL. Denison made sure we gave it all to SWA.

But now, we are privately held by Matlin-Patterson and we work under a codeshare. The OAK-MDW and ONT-MDW flights are NOT codeshare cities. They have been pretty full. Hope it keeps up.

Don't worry. We're no threat now.

Latest resources

Back