Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nosartoofar

CG Dinosaur
Here’s the hot word from the wonderful folks at SWA’s People Department…

November interview calls will begin next Monday, 17 October.

The interview sessions will be hosted November 7th – 10th, and the 14th – 17th.

Best of luck to all!

Anyone know the PIC ranges for this group. At DCA AirInc they said 1600 PIC was the magic number. Ryan told me in Aug to expect a call in two to three months.

I was able to talk a length with an interview team member the other day while he was jumpseating. Here's some stuff he let out:

1. SWA has enough pilots in the pool to fill the Nov. classes. Since there are 2 classes in Dec and 3 in Jan, a LOT of interviewing will take place.

2. With the upsurge in interviewing and the need to fill the Dec/Jan classes, SWA will have 3 interview teams working instead of the normal 2.

3. The pool of applicants already having a 737 type is getting smaller. To have more folks to choose from, many more without the type will get the interview call. However, the type will still be required for employment.

4. Yearly numbers for 2005 (Jan through Sep) give a selection rate of 38%.

Good luck to all!

Hey fellas, getting my type soon...with in the next 2 months. I have 4000ish pic in the ATR. Will it matter if I don't have any jet time?

for those of you who will ask...4000pic? why not apply sooner?? well, i have a long story and good reason...wasn't just sitin on my a$$ :) But I am concerened about the posibility that no jet time may hurt my chances.

WoW

Guys. Does anyone know what triggered the sudden hiring. The last news I heard was that we had stopped classes for the year. This is definitely great news. Does anyone know if we're opening up new cities. Congrats to all who get called. I have a buddy who got the call for a november interview.

I heard...and this is all from a guy I know who talk to his buddy who overheard a conversation between his drycleaner and his dentist...that it's due to some retirements and mostly to AC deliveries. I've read SWA is accepting 36 737-700s in '06.

Latest resources

Back