SWA Newhire Classes....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA Fuel/oil hedging

Naive question here, but what is the status on on SWA fuel hedging? Word has it that SWA bought/hedged their fuel when it was at $25/barrel, and that that deal is good til fall 2006. Does anyone know the facts on that and what happens, if it is true, when the hedge runs out? Is SWA going to be like the legacy carriers crying that they need big pay cuts or they'll go bankrupt?

There has been plenty of discussion on this for the past few months... I don't carry the exact numbers in my head but we are hedged at 85% at I believe 35.00 for 06 and we have some hedges out to 09. We will probably give big pay cuts and go bankrupt....

In case you are wondering I am yanking you chain on the bankrupt...we will be the last dog in the fight..

Expect a bankruptcy filing by the end of the year

Benhuntn said:
In case you are wondering I am yanking you chain on the bankrupt...we will be the last dog in the fight..

If you are camping with a group of your buddies and a bear chases after the group all you have to do is to be the fastest runner of your buddies even if the bear is faster than YOU!

got class date

I posted on another thread last week, but have update.
Interviewed 05/25, called with "Go ahead" on 06/07, called for 11/16 class on 10/17.
Only 3 from my interview were called in June, that I know of.
A very positive attitude, alot of patience, and even more trust that this is what the Man Upstairs had in mind for me, I am leaving 14 1/2 yrs at a major and very psyched about "Learning to LUV" :) the SWA way!
Congrats to all in the pool, and to all other interviewees, never ever give up on your dream.
If you really want it, it will happen.
Thanks again to Mark for this great forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
..."It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" jb

Latest resources

Back