• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Newhire class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I saw something posted about no more classes until March also. I think it may have to do with the new checklists. We're supposed to receive a CD-ROM with training on the new checklists in Feb then they go into effect on April 20th.

On the other hand I had one of the sim instructors on my JS this week and he said 1 class in Jan then 2 classes a month starting in Feb going through most of the year. He also mentioned that the new checklists were shorter than the current ones and everyone who has seen them has liked the changes.

Things change around here on a daily basis, don't get too worked up over any of the rumors. In a few months all the poolies will be dry and this board will return to talking about interviews just like in the old days.

T1

This is the message in the crew lounge.............

I am very happy to announce that a new hire class of 20 pilots is now scheduled for January 12, 2004. Class dates for additional 2004 classes are still tentative and subject to change. However, the current plan calls for the second class of 24 to start on March 1, 2004. We are looking at the possibility of hiring 392 pilots in calender year 2004, 332 for 2004 aircraft deliveries and 60 for 2005 deliveries.

I talked to LL yesterday, and she basically said there was very little chance of me making this first class (I'm #22 on the "list"). Even if a few of the military activations aren't able to make it. The good news was that she claimed I would be at the top of the list for the next class!!

Swimmer

company sez that

we are currently OVER staffed with F.O.s, about 40ish too many right now.

No classes in Feb. '04 should take care of this situation, since we will get a few new -700s delivered with no new hires it should take up the slack.

Since we are getting at least 47 new planes in '04 ,it works out to almost 4 airframes per month..... one month of no classes should do the trick.

Also keep in mind that starting in Jan - May the training guys will have to give a few days of class & 20+ off probation PCs per month to all of us who were hired last year, it's going to be very busy around the school house this year!

I think it is fairly safe to say now - if your name is on the SWA Pool list, you WILL be in class this year!?!?

Happy holidays - welcome aboard to the 20 lucky folks who will be in DAL on Jan 11th, BTW BRING your spouse/significant other, etc.... they will enjoy getting to know SWA!!! Send the kids to grandma's if you have to!!!!

Since we are getting at least 47 new planes in '04 ,it works out to almost 4 airframes per month..... one month of no classes should do the trick.

47 New B737-700
-17 Retiring B737-200
-----
30 Net Gain

So no classes in Feb., huh? Seeing that they've had 'em the last 2 years, I ain't getting my panties in a wad just yet.

I hope yall had a nice Thanksgiving!

Coop

coop,

i am with you, dude. I refuse to believe that rumour until february has come and gone.

aj

btw....are those the panties i got you for christmas last year?:D

Take it easy

We poolies have been swimming around in this murky water long enough to have seen these types of rumors fly around more than a few times now. I'm with Coop (except the panites - I don't wear anything that might get into a wad).

AF

Last edited:
Another addition to the Jan 12 class

We can add "CE750driver". He called on me to let you guys know, (computer problems). He is #20 on the list, so we are working our way down........

Congrats to all called.........and to those moving up the list!!

Really looking forward to meeting everybody in the big "D"!!

Iceberg

Latest resources

Back