Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA new schedule offers more flights than any other single airline on the planet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HowardBorden

Southwest to operate 3,800 daily flights next summer.

Southwest Airlines will operate at least 3,800 daily flights next summer, the most of any airline.

The carrier released its new summer schedule for flights through August 6 and said it plans to add 83 roundtrips including new service on eight new routes.

"Not only is that about 150 more weekday departures than the combined Southwest and AirTran networks published last summer, that's more than any other single airline on the planet!" the company said in a blog post about the announcement.

Southwest said it will add flights between:
Indianapolis and Los Angeles
Los Angeles and Portland
Oakland and Nashville
Oakland and New Orleans
Austin and Orange County/Santa Ana
Austin and St. Louis
Indianapolis and Boston Logan

"We're connecting our customers to what's important to them - more seats at our low fares, our great customer service and policies, and better schedules through nonstop options." said Southwest vice president of network planning and performance Andrew Watterson in a statement.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/bu...le4569973.html

Last edited:
Yes, and each pilot will fly 5-6 legs a day to accomplish that feat. Awesome sauce!

Bye Bye---General Lee

I love your persistence, the General's mantra groans on. Surprised you didn't work in Delta retirements or Lubbock overnights in on your post. You must be tired. How about I update you on some current data.

Quoting highest numbers from 2014, July busiest time. Average numbers

Block hours per duty period 6:09
Duty Hours per duty period 8:45
Pay per duty period 7.39 that is in trips convert however you wish
Legs per duty period 2.81

The airline has changed. When I first got here in 2001 I actually flew a -200 pairing 3 day pairing with 24 legs. More than the regional airline I came from contract allowed. I was junior and on reserve and when I saw it I just about ******************** myself. However back then we were doing 15 - 20 min turns, and actually turning the airplane in that time frame. Short legs and no FMC programming, flying SID to STAR, it really was a piece of cake. Nice long overnights so plenty rested. Now I would not like to do that in the weather, but it was a lot less stressful than it sounds.

Now, if I fly 4 legs its a lot. Spending lots more time on the ground which I don't like.

Southwest to operate 3,800 daily flights next summer.

Southwest Airlines will operate at least 3,800 daily flights next summer, the most of any airline.

The carrier released its new summer schedule for flights through August 6 and said it plans to add 83 roundtrips including new service on eight new routes.

"Not only is that about 150 more weekday departures than the combined Southwest and AirTran networks published last summer, that's more than any other single airline on the planet!" the company said in a blog post about the announcement.

Southwest said it will add flights between:
Indianapolis and Los Angeles
Los Angeles and Portland
Oakland and Nashville
Oakland and New Orleans
Austin and Orange County/Santa Ana
Austin and St. Louis
Indianapolis and Boston Logan

"We're connecting our customers to what's important to them - more seats at our low fares, our great customer service and policies, and better schedules through nonstop options." said Southwest vice president of network planning and performance Andrew Watterson in a statement.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/bu...le4569973.html

Damn!

3800 flights per day, all to or from LBB?! They're gonna have to build some more gates at Lubbock's airport, I think...

Bubba

Remember 6 years when we had over 3500? I don't care about any announcement except "the pilots have a new contract"

Will the extra 300 flights mean we eclipse all other carriers for passengers carried? Could be and extra 30-45 thousand passengers a day.

We have Extra 300's? I'm gonna bid that.

Okay, yes, I'm being stoopid. But it's one of my favorite airplanes. :)

Latest resources

Back