SWA new recency requirement?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Launchpad

There is this new 200 hour in 3 year requirement for SWA, does anyone know if that's required for the application, interview or both?

Thanks-

The 200 time in the last 3 years will be required to apply. According to the people department, this is competitive. I would assume it will be looked at again when you interview. Not sure though.

iflyhigh

I was just curious, this area is new and there hasn't been much discussion about it. People like myself laid off 2 years ago, would be in a bit of a crunch as 3 years is approaching quickly. (Next fall) With the poolies apparantly taking the interviews through the 3rd quarter, this wouldn't leave much time for the 200 in 36 requirement for those of us that haven't done much flying. It makes is tough to justify the cost of the type to only have a 3-4 month window of opportunity before the currency requirement would be disqualifying.

Regards-

"It makes is tough to justify the cost of the type to only have a 3-4 month window of opportunity before the currency requirement would be disqualifying."

This may be one of the major underlying reasons why SWA dropped the type requirement to apply. Knowing there are most likely hundreds of furloughees out there in tough financial straits these days who would like to apply, and don't currently have the money available, this certainly helps.

Yes, a type will more likely help you to be more competitive, but I'm sure they are well aware that many just can't afford it right now. I for one applaud the move. It gives many more the chance to help feed their families.

Don't sweat the money now. Feed your family, and spend time brushing up on your interview skills. Then, when the call from the People Dept comes, it will be much easier to part with the cash.

Good luck!

Coop ;)

For CoopDog, any other LUV flyers...and Rob Beeks (Hi Mozam) if he happens to cruise by... what is SWA policy for previous succesful interviews (3 years ago) ? :)

Never got the 737 type, never was put into a class date but opted out for door #2 at another airline....now furloughed. :(

200 Hours in 36 months....who cares, they might as well made it 0.

Who would not have 200 hours in 3 years. I though I was slacking with 350 this year so far.

200 hours in the last 12 months would make more sense to me , but does this new requirement really eliminate hardly anyone?

SFR said:
200 hours in the last 12 months would make more sense to me , but does this new requirement really eliminate hardly anyone?

I think quite a few furloughee's would disagree with that statement.

Military Retirees...

From the HPA/SWA seminar in San Antonio last week:
A SWA Captain was there and explained that part of the 200 hr/36 month requirement was aimed at pilots getting ready to retire from the military.

Most 20-yr Air Force/Navy/Marine pilots have to spend at least their last two years in a Staff job at the Pentagon or some other paperwork jungle. So, the theory is that most of them can at least get 200 hrs in the last 3 years of their career.

Lighten up Frances!!!

I heard that! Had to go back and delete a few other posts...too much drinky drinky at the end of the year skydiving party!!!

Good luck...

Latest resources

Back