SWA New Hire question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

superherc

What do they send you in the new hire packet before training? I heard you get some CD's.

I am wondering if the software is compatable with a MAC and do you need a laptop for training?

Thanks.

What do they send you in the new hire packet before training? I heard you get some CD's.

I am wondering if the software is compatable with a MAC and do you need a laptop for training?

Dont' know if it is compatible with a MAC...but if it isn't, don't worry. What you get on the CD is a lot of "nice to know" stuff....not "need to know".

You do now need a laptop for training unless you want to keep some notes or something...I used a notebook....filled up 3.5 pages by the time ground school was over.

Congrats on getting the call. Welcome aboard...when is your class date?

What are the most junior domiciles these days? Which domiciles should a newhire expect?

I think this was just covered in another thread, but here is a quick recap:
OAK--> right out of training
PHX----> a month or two later
LAS---> around the same as PHX

Everywhere else a year +/-. This is based on the current bids. Could be different tomorrow, but LAS continues to expand quickly.

As for the new hire packet, they send cockpit posters, memory items, immediate action items, and flows. The training CD IS NOT compatible on Apple computers unless you have a newer one and can use virtual PC. For that matter the internal SWA website is not compatible with Safari either, but you can use Firefox with no troubles which is what I recommend.

Welcome and good luck!

OK here it is again. Most junior FO's in each base. Does not include the new hires for this year and is based off April's bid.

BWI- 03/28/07
DAL- 01/31/07
HOU- 06/27/07
PHX- 10/03/07
LAS- 09/07/07
MDW- 06/13/07
MCO- 04/18/07
OAK- 10/03/07

Thanks for the info. My laptop broke last fall, and have been wanting to get a Macbook for a while, wasn't sure about the compatibility.

I have 14 May class date!

Hey guys, regarding the FO starter kit disk...Mine worked just fine on my MAC. No extra software or work-arounds required. I have OS X Vers 10.5.2.

June vacancy bids awarded today. New hires got LAS, PHX and OAK (mostly).

OK here it is again. Most junior FO's in each base. Does not include the new hires for this year and is based off April's bid.

BWI- 03/28/07
DAL- 01/31/07
HOU- 06/27/07
PHX- 10/03/07
LAS- 09/07/07
MDW- 06/13/07
MCO- 04/18/07
OAK- 10/03/07

a little off. but close

New hires went to Oak, Vegas, and Phx for the most recent vacancy award. I would expect to see lots more Vegas.

Latest resources

Back