Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FR8dognit

Good Ole'boys club member
http://pd.startribune.com/sp?eId=92...ocal/42273992.html?elr=KArksUUUU&siteIdType=2

MINNEAPOLIS - Southwest Airlines just arrived in Minneapolis last month and it's already adding flights to Denver.
Southwest said on Wednesday it's adding three flights a day to Denver beginning May 26.
Southwest started small in Minnesota on March 8, with eight flights a day to Chicago Midway, a route long dominated by Northwest Airlines out of its Minneapolis hub, as well as AMR Corp.'s American Airlines and UAL Corp.'s United Airlines. Both American and United have Chicago hubs.
Southwest spokesman Chris Mainz said the performance of the Minneapolis-Chicago route has been better than expected. He said the load factor, or percentage of seats filled, has been running above Southwest's average, which was 71.2 percent in 2008 but has fallen slightly in recent months.
While Southwest typically sees strong traffic from an established city to a new one, traffic originating in the new city is often weaker. But traffic originating in Minneapolis has been strong, he said.
Denver is a hub for UAL Corp.'s United Airlines, which has five flights a day between there and Minneapolis. Frontier Airlines runs four to five flights a day between the two cities.
The new Southwest Airlines flights come even though the carrier plans to reduce flying by 4 percent this year.

Don't the new bankruptcy laws passed under the Bush administration require a company to come out of bankruptcy within 18 months? Looks like Southwest is continuing to apply pressure to Frontier as they look for exit financing this summer.

Hopefully MSP-LAS is next. I'm tired riding in the jumpseats on NWA as the flights are always full. SWA is almost 50% empty everytime I ride on them. Nice to have a row to yourself as opposed to the jumpseat.

Hopefully MSP-LAS is next. I'm tired riding in the jumpseats on NWA as the flights are always full. SWA is almost 50% empty everytime I ride on them. Nice to have a row to yourself as opposed to the jumpseat.

What's your name? We can make sure you don't have to struggle through another NWA jumpseat, and leave your A$$ at the gate, next time.

Unbelievable!

What's your name? We can make sure you don't have to struggle through another NWA jumpseat, and leave your A$$ at the gate, next time.

Unbelievable!

Probably a military thing. Apologies for people that don't get it. Eventually when they are de-militarized they start to post with "some" common sense. I've always been treated very well on NWA. Thanks for the rides from a former commuter guy.

*Edited to say that I am still a commuter guy. Maybe that will help folks understand.*

L

Last edited:
Probably a military thing. Apologies for people that don't get it. Eventually when they are de-militarized they start to post with "some" common sense.
L

Speaking of moronic posts...

Latest resources

Back