• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA May Charge For Bags Too?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never happen. We try not to f*ck over our pax.

You have no say whether Southwest charges for bags just like the other airlines' pilots had no say when their airline started charging for bags. If Southwest does start charging for bags and f*cking over its passengers as you like to call it, are you going to quit? If not, then shut the f*ck up.

You have no say whether Southwest charges for bags just like the other airlines' pilots had no say when their airline started charging for bags. If Southwest does start charging for bags and f*cking over its passengers as you like to call it, are you going to quit? If not, then shut the f*ck up.

Not to mention the fact SWA has been hearding pax around like cattle for years with less ammenities than most. Its ironic this guy thinks that until they start charging for bags they are some kind of premium quality carrier.

Never happen. We try not to f*ck over our pax.

no one is immune look at TWA they used to be just like swa owned all the a/c ect. Never is a big word

I know the chick who writes Plane Business always comments that SWA drives her nuts because we always leave so much revenue on the table. I think the additional charges are exactly that. Our drinks are cheaper, no baggage fees, etc. We have more daily flights than anyone. Even an extra buck for booze would be huge when you multiply the flights by the pax by the booze. Especially with the cashless cabin, I think people are less likely to notice an increase than before. I know our revenue guys are smart, so maybe they feel like those additional fees would, ultimately, reduce revenue, but logically, I kind of doubt that. More income would lead to more growth and thus quicker upgrades. Then maybe when I am sitting next to the 58 year old captain, who is buying land for his second house with enough land to put in an airstrip but now has to work until 65 to reach his goal instead of 60 (and naturally my hearts bleeds for the poor bastard having to work that much longer to live his opulant life style) I wouldn't be so bothered by the long upgrade times...........

The first time you put one of your pax on a volaris they will get a f-ucking they will never forget..

Last week UAL was selling planes and leasing back for cash and this week now SWA is doing the same with planes that they own free and clear..

Its amazing how the second the company cannot record gains on hedges that the sky begins falling..

Good luck guys i think you should hit ATL and CVG while you still can and smack those delta pretty boys around a little...

And all the United bashers were quick to criticize them for selling planes and leasing them back...may not have been that bad of an idea.

Latest resources

Back