Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just Inteviewed

Fandago,
Good luck...just got put in the "No Gyro holding pattern". I think they will do a DB in March??? Anyone tell me when that might be....just joined...great help and very good info. Good luck Fandago....what a great experience.

No letter...no letter...no letter.

gotta said:
This news isn't what I was expecting when I asked for an early DOS with AF. I might be flipping burgers if they keep cancelling classes.

When can a Oct interviewer expect a class date?

This isn't what you want to here but the good new is you will be here this year and hopefully sooner than later. We are getting the new 30 or so new airplanes this year and in late March our "test" productivity improvements (which allow less pilots per plane) is rolled back so there will be a huge need for more pilots and quick. Figure 450-500 folks this year for sure. SWA is just trying to stall to the very last possible second to bring you all on property to save money until such time. I think April-July is gonna be huge for classes.

Wine?

gotta said:
This news isn't what I was expecting when I asked for an early DOS with AF. I might be flipping burgers if they keep cancelling classes.

When can a Oct interviewer expect a class date?

How about a little cheese to go with that whine?

Be happy that you have an offer that will eventually come to fruition.

Some folks not too long ago waited over 2 years for that class date.

FJ

2 years and 2 months for me. I've been here almost 2 years now and it was worth the wait.
I know it can be hard to have a gap in employment, but like Falconjet said, in the very recent past some of us had a much longer wait.

Falconjet said:
How about a little cheese to go with that whine?

Be happy that you have an offer that will eventually come to fruition.

Some folks not too long ago waited over 2 years for that class date.

FJ

Alright, settle down Falcon Boy. I was just kidding and feel VERY fortunate to be swimming in the pool. I never meant to offend anyone on this forum and apologize if I did. I can't wait to get into class and know it will happen eventually.

Gotta

Anyone know how many people are in the pool from oct-dec interviews? Just trying to guage when Jan interviewees will be in class. Thanks everyone for the info.
FR8

We seem to be a bit overstaffed right now. Case in point, I have sat at home for the last 2 reserve parings (a new one for me in my nearly 2 years here). This company hates to have under-utilized pilots.

FR8dognit said:
Anyone know how many people are in the pool from oct-dec interviews? Just trying to guage when Jan interviewees will be in class. Thanks everyone for the info.
FR8

They told my buddy who interviewed in December to expect a May class date. I would plan June or later for the Jan. interviews.

Latest resources

Back